PDA

View Full Version : 225 yammie v suzuki

scoota
31-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately the 200 Yamaha saltwater series 2 200hp 2 banger is getting very tired and it is time to look to the future.

I have been a Yamaha owner for many years and had good reliable service from previous boats both 2 stroke and 4 stroke but now have a dilemma. My mechanic is a Suzuki dealer and a very good Yamaha mechanic and is offering obviously the Suzuki price but the Yamaha competition is probably a little better priced.

I'm no expert but both seem good motors. A mate has the 225 Suzuki and swears by it.

The boat is a 1990 model Caribbean Reef Runner podded up and a great sea boat.

Any thoughts would much be appreciated..

Scoota...

Spaniard_King
31-10-2016, 08:03 PM
Hi all,

Unfortunately the 200 Yamaha saltwater series 2 200hp 2 banger is getting very tired and it is time to look to the future.

I have been a Yamaha owner for many years and had good reliable service from previous boats both 2 stroke and 4 stroke but now have a dilemma. My mechanic is a Suzuki dealer and a very good Yamaha mechanic and is offering obviously the Suzuki price but the Yamaha competition is probably a little better priced.

I'm no expert but both seem good motors. A mate has the 225 Suzuki and swears by it.

The boat is a 1990 model Caribbean Reef Runner podded up and a great sea boat.

Any thoughts would much be appreciated..

Scoota...

Go with whatever brand your chosen mechanic can support the best.

Last thing you want to be doing is taking a yamy to a Suzuki dealer for warranty servicing !!

goona
31-10-2016, 09:12 PM
Why not buy a Honda off Garry. I am sure he will look after you. Mine is 15 years old now and is still sweet as the day I bought it

Tim_N
01-11-2016, 02:36 PM
Scott,
Get a Yamaha 225 four stroke, although I'm a Yammie fan!
It's only down the road for servicing too.
A new donk will transform your boat, and your fuel bill.
Both are light and the Yamaha ius just a tad lighter than the Suzi.
Tim

kc
10-11-2016, 09:36 PM
Not sure if its an option in your area but do some homework on the Gen 2 etecs. I have just swapped from a 250 Yammy 4 stroke to a 300 etec and have my first 100 hours up. Can't rate it highly enough.

up the creek
15-11-2016, 05:21 PM
id say in this case, if your a yammie man stick with them u cant go wrong, the suzuki is just as good but why change what you love and are comfy with,