PDA

View Full Version : Cairns in July / Aug

NAGG
15-06-2016, 11:34 AM
Hi All

I'm looking to head up to Cairns for a bit of a reccy for our upcoming trip to Tinaroo & I thought I might as well make the most of it & go far a fish (in the salt)

Can anyone recommend a decent charter operator for a trip into the briny ...... A bit of sport fishing for what ever are around at that time of year ( poppers for GTs - chase spaniards etc) .... not overly fussed - just want to have a fish :P

appreciate your help

Chris

bluefin59
15-06-2016, 02:40 PM
James Bietzel in the Daintree would be my go too at this time of the year but probably a bit far from cairns for you but well worth the drive. Matt

NAGG
15-06-2016, 04:37 PM
James Bietzel in the Daintree would be my go too at this time of the year but probably a bit far from cairns for you but well worth the drive. Matt

Thanks Matt

What is he into ? (charter wise)

NAGG
15-06-2016, 04:45 PM
looks OK Matt ..... I'll give him a call

Chris

bluefin59
15-06-2016, 05:08 PM
He does the Daintree river and the islands nearby depending on the weather he's an old school local and knows the area ... Matt

Moffy
15-06-2016, 08:22 PM
Jamie is the goods. If you can't get to the Daintree - blackout charters here in Cairns go alright as well.

Specialkleen
16-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Reel Crayzee for Bottom Bashing/Spearing. Great Barrier Reef Sportfishing for bottom bashing. Ecosportfisher Cairns and Blackout Sportfishing Charters for Popping/Jigging offshore and sportfishing estuary. All highly reputable operators here in Cairns.

mouse71
20-06-2016, 06:53 PM
Definitely Reel Crayzee mate, best charter to the reef you'll find. Runs you down to Mourilyan Harbour & takes you back, it's an awesome day out