PDA

View Full Version : Bar Crusher 615C or Surtees 610 Workmate

fishwpa
09-06-2016, 09:41 PM
So thought I would post this as currently deciding between the 2. Would love a Stabi 2100 (def wanted a stabi as my next boat) but not going to happen due to budget. The 1850.2050 just aren't big enough for what I want.

Heading to the Melb boat show next week which will probably decide for me but would love some input from those with some real experience with either of these.

You would think being the 2 most popular models this would be heavily compared and discussed on forums, but not so (well as far as my research has showed).

The biggest difference I can find in Surtees has a 5mm hull and 4mm the rest while BC seems to have 4mm hull and 3 mm the rest.

This is quite a big plus for the surtees.

Help me out here forum members.

up the creek
09-06-2016, 10:41 PM
if your planning on hitting reefs well 3 mm or 5mm etc aint gonna help lol i had similar experience when deciding my humble little tinnie a 2mm stessco vs a 1.6mm quintrex bottom side and of course i thought 2mm is tough ill go that but it comes with a i guess dont quote me a 30kg comparing these 2 i looked at weight which means extra fuel costs loss in ponies to extra weight and of course id lean to safety and thicker is best but if cheaper fuel and boat price or any options the slighly thinner boat has suits you then dont worry about the mm factor go the boat that best suits what you want to to with it i have decided on the 1.6mm savage snipe over the 2mm stessco squire purely as lighter weight vs safety and all i can say is i want to save on fuel and have more horsepower not hit reefs or sanbanks where and extra 1mm or so wont save me lol just my thoughts happy trails..

up the creek
09-06-2016, 11:12 PM
kool fishwpa thanks for the like for this post i know i go on about all us members trying our best to give info we can to help others to well i dont think its s small easy decision to hand over 1000s of dollars and not be happy if we dont have 1000s extra to correct it so im glad you like my post and i dont know much about all boats and am open to correction but if this post helped then all good... happy tails bro.. you go get your boat and enjoy tearing up the waterways lol ..

up the creek
10-06-2016, 12:03 PM
one more thing fishwpa it sounds like youd feel better in the thicker hull and if you dont mind how much heavier the boat is and dont mind losing a few hp..
and as i said if you gonna hit a reef a mm or 2 aint gonna save and price is right.. one thing is and youd have to ask/find out is .. if you got the 3mm or 4mm hull not ur 5mm hull is the 3mm for instance going to withstand the treatment you intend on giving it ie are you gonna smash through large offshore waves and bar crossings well if the smallest 3mm hull cant handle that then i spose youd have little choice then go the thicker hull but i wonder these bigger expensive boats even at a 3mm hull if they cant go outside and handle the open ocean then there useless so youd think the thinner hull could.. lol probably confused you more but i had same decision but over a smaller 3.7 sorta size tinne where its probably wont make too much differencer as i aint going outside... good luck bro..

Skusto
10-06-2016, 12:51 PM
We have the 560C which is the 615c Barcrusher.

Both boats are pretty identical as the Surtees is the Original Manufacture, I haven't had any time in the new Gen 2 hull but I would imagine it would be a bit better for planning and fuel Consumption.

Cant fault the bar crusher we have been in some hairy stuff and it has never once looked like it would broach,
I don't think we would ever get another boat as I can see this one lasting for a long time. The only bit I could pick on the Barcrusher is the Paint job its so thin and crap if we were ever to replace the Hull I wouldn't get it painted again.

We upgraded from a 115hp to a 150 and to be honest it changed the performance of it again. The 115 was sufficient buit the 150 just does it with ease.

These Boats need trim tabs don't buy it with out them, learn to use them when its rough and you will find it cuts through the rough stuff quite well.

We also added about a year ago a Minn Kota to the front of the boat with I Pilot so fishing on Bombys or wrecks now is a breeze as soon as you find a school of fish over a bomby you just press anchor on the ipilot and can fish straight on top of them, Cant do that in a larger boat.

Cheers Dan

up the creek
10-06-2016, 01:00 PM
well if skutso says the boats are all good i guess it comes down to weight which means more fuel and ponies wasted moving it.. but as skutso said if you got a 150 then it wont matter so really if one suits your price and maybe you dont want to much weight then its the boat that has the options that you want let us know what u get and how it goes.. happy trails..

Crunchy
10-06-2016, 01:23 PM
The short answer is...Surtees

scottar
10-06-2016, 02:00 PM
If the Surtees has the heavier duty hull, I know who would be getting my money.

Up The Creek - An offshore rig is a bit different to a light weight tinnie used in calm water. Weight can be your friend (within reason). A lighter boat will give a harsher ride all things being equal. A heavier hull will allow quicker transit in comfort for any given sea condition. Yes it will need a bit more horsepower and it will use a bit more fuel but in the scheme of things if your budget is that tight that those factors are the determining ones in an offshore rig purchase between two similar rigs, it is most likely time to investigate a different pastime.

Assuming you are looking at 4 strokes, I would rig with maximum recommended horsepower and Skusto is all over it with the comments on trim tabs. In my books a necessity on any offshore rig.

Moonlighter
10-06-2016, 02:31 PM
Happy with my Surtees Workmate 5.5.

The one you're looking at is the next size up, they have changed their measuring method and model designation so they are now more comparible size for size with the BC.

One thing I liked about the Surtees was the quality of workmanship. I found out that 1 person takes responsibility for building each boat, in fact, their initials are welded under the duckboard on the port side, and i think this shows in the pride in workmanship that goes into them.

Surtees was also far more flexible with options and changes at the time I bought mine. I could delete things I didnt want and add others that I did. And they were very reasonable about the costs for that.

And yes, definitely get trim tabs!! If you cant afford them up front, make sure you ask them to build the boat with the pads welded on for the trim tabs to be fitted later - although that may be standard now - but check!

If you get the Surtees painted topsides and nyalic the rest, be aware that nyalic doesnt like hydrocarbons or alcohol based things at all, it will rip the nyalic right off. You can easily touch it up with a spray can, but it is expensive stuff, a can is over $50.

Go the Surtees!

fishwpa
10-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Thanks for all the replies. Great to hear from those with each boat.

Difficult decision as not much between the two. Re: weight, the Bar Crusher is actually heavier (dry weight) on paper but only by a fraction - strange.

I did have a Surtees 4.85 cc previously with a 60 4S Merc on the back so familiar with both brands but not in this size.

up the creek
10-06-2016, 05:23 PM
scottar-i wasnt saying a small boat is the same as comparing a big boat but no1 replied to his post and i was just saying i had a similar decision with regards to mm thickness of different boats which was fishwpa origonal posts main point.. and in my case the weight went up a lot for the 2mm boat vs 1.6 i wanted safety and thickness but in the boats i looked at (not every boat) the weight was 30kg difference in boats around the hp range i had.. and no i dont know if theres a diffence in weight i was just chattin a similiar thing i pondered... but end of the day fishwpa has more info and hopefully gets what he wants.. which was what i thought these posts were for any1s thoughts and no wrong or right answers as at the end of the day a post is advice and you buy what u want..

billfisher
10-06-2016, 07:04 PM
The Surtees has a flap to lock in the water ballast (a big asset in rough conditions) . I think it is only an option on the Bar Crusher and it is a more complicated (expensive?) hydraulic system. I'd also much rather have a 5 mm hull than a 4 mm for offshore fishing.

fisho8
10-06-2016, 10:10 PM
First of all mate you have picked 2 good fishing boats. Both Rigs will do the job fine. I am on my second Surtees mate and all I can say with a little bit of bias Surtees are an awesome boat. I see you have had the 4.85CC so you have got a good idea of the brand. My 6.1 had the 5mm bottom and 4mm sides...Boat rode great was stable and not too flighty in the swell. As guys have here said trim tabs are a must due to the sheer Deep V they have. The barcrusher I would say the same in regards to the trim tabs. I wanted a bit more room and fuel range so I have since upgraded up to the new Surtees 700 which now has the 6mm bottom and the 4mm sides. Boat has a totally different dynamic to the 6.1. Feels more solid on the water due to the extra length and fuel load. Handles a bit better in a following sea than the 6.1 did also. Just the small differences you notice. They are just a good boat no matter the size really. You are getting a lighter rig with the bar crusher but I have been in both boats and you do feel the bumps a little more in the barcrusher than you do in the surtees but that is just my personal opinion. No matter which way you go you will be getting a good boat but if your budget can stretch that little bit further then go the surtees mate. There is a second hand 610 on boatsales at the moment. the guys who own it are upgrading up to a 750 and are keen to move it. Good luck mate good luck with your new purchase.:)

This is a gamefisher however and not a workmate.

http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/private/used/SSE-AD-4061694/2015-Surtees-610-Gamefisher?cr=7&psq=%28%28Make%3DSURTEES%26%28%28SiloType%3D%5BDem o%20and%20near%20new%20boats%5D%7CSiloType%3D%5BDe aler%20used%20boats%5D%29%7CSiloType%3D%5BPrivate% 20used%20boats%5D%29%29%26Service%3DBoatsales%29&pso=0&pss=Premium

The Silver Unicorn
10-06-2016, 10:57 PM
The short answer is...Surtees

Arent surtees just a more expensive copy of a barcrusher?

gofishin
11-06-2016, 04:03 AM
Arent surtees just a more expensive copy of a barcrusher?

Other way round TSU. BC are a cheaper copy of the Surtees.

Surtees are the 'original'. Forget all the details but think initially they were one & the same boat, the BC the local version made here under license.

There was a progressive falling out in the agreement sometime ago, and now they are completely separate entities, with more differences as time goes on. ML can correct me if I am wrong with any of this.

If I were choosing between the two it would be the Surtees. They are the better boat IMHO.
Cheers
Brendon

Flex
11-06-2016, 05:22 AM
Can I ask why your set on a surtees/crusher?

Very small boats for their claimed length.

How far offshore do you go?

Noelm
11-06-2016, 07:21 AM
Just make sure you do your home work on all brands out there, don't get influenced by TV shows that are paid to say how fantastic their sponsored products are.

Chris Tucker
11-06-2016, 07:28 AM
Giving your in Victoria. Check out the 6 and 6.3m seacruisers from Richardson marine. There is enough plate to build a barcrusher and a surtees in each boat.

billfisher
11-06-2016, 07:35 AM
I'm a bit keen on the Surtees too. I like the concept of being light to tow but being able to lock a few hundred kgs of water ballast. They are not cheap but about the same price as a top end fiberglass and potentially no need for the expense of special tow vehicle.

fishwpa
11-06-2016, 12:19 PM
Thanks again for all your replies.

Flex - In regards to boat length, imo they are what they are, I don't think they are trying to fool anyone. Different brands measure their boats differently with Surtees & BC measuring LOA. I am taking this into consideration when comparing brands. I am an offshore rookie with grand plans of running up and down the coastline catching marlin & tuna :), so want a safe, capable, decent powered boat. I am moving from Vic to Sunshine Coast in November so want a boat that can do both river system, bay & offshore, that isn't too small or too big.

Noelm - yes they are both good marketers and have obviously grabbed my attention, however I do think they are good boats and the upside of good brand marketing is a good resale value when it comes time to trade up/down etc.

Having said that I am not locked into a specific brand and I will be looking at other brands in my price range.

Chris Tucker - the seacruisers do look good but imagine they are outside my price range, like the stabi & extreme.

Chris Tucker
11-06-2016, 01:39 PM
Why imagine contact Richardson Marine and ask. You're buying a Seacruiser off the manufacturer so are only paying for one mans mortgage. Buy a boat from a distributer and your money is split between builder, shipper, dealer, and often the investors who have helped fund the companies increase from a 4 man to a 20 man company. I remember walking around the Melbourne show last year and being shocked at how little you got for your money on these "production platies".

fishwpa
11-06-2016, 01:54 PM
Ok will do Chris.

The seacrusier 6300HT (6800 LOA) is a beautiful boat but out of my price range http://richardsonmarine.com.au/vehicle/seacruiser-6300ht/ I wish it wasn't!! Certainly looks solid & well built.

I will price the 5700 (which is 6100 LOA) on Monday.

Belly66
11-06-2016, 02:06 PM
If you are doing the boat show and a Kiwi boat is in the mix I think that you should also check out the Extreme. I think they and Stabi are the biggest selling plate boats to come out of NZ

Chris Tucker
11-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Ok will do Chris.

The seacrusier 6300HT (6800 LOA) is a beautiful boat but out of my price range http://richardsonmarine.com.au/vehicle/seacruiser-6300ht/ I wish it wasn't!! Certainly looks solid & well built.

I will price the 5700 (which is 6100 LOA) on Monday.

There is a 6m now too, basically a longer version of the 5.7 Hardtop to better carry the cabin.

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13266093_991911594191797_5026034398900187462_n.jpg ?oh=98bd1367b69a34cf3abe44300bc2ee08&oe=57D657B0

Ratty38
12-06-2016, 02:47 PM
Hi mate. Steer clear of the Barcrusher brand. I have one and have heaps of troubles with it. Barcrusher refuse to help. Qld have heaps of great boat builers. Try one of their brands. Hope this helps your decision.

Ratty38
12-06-2016, 03:11 PM
Hi fishwpa. Steer clear of the Barcrusher brand mate. I have one and have heaps of troubles with it. Barcrusher wont help at all now that they have my money. I am going to sell it and look for a different manufacturer. Heaps of boat builders up in Qld that make a good boat. Hope this helps in your decision.

rcfisher
12-06-2016, 03:19 PM
Hey Fishwpa, I'm with Ratty. I am about to move on from my little bar crusher. Not that I have had many problems with it. Most of them came from the Etec that was bolted on the back when I first brought it. I think you will get a lot more value for your money looking at one of qld local builders. The trouble I am having is finding one secondhand. They just don't exist. To get one built you will be looking at a minimum of 8 months. Good luck with it.

copie
12-06-2016, 05:38 PM
If you are heading qld way I strongly suggest to have a look at and contact Jason at Offshore Marine Master he is in Caloundra.
With over 100 boats built I am sure he can offer many customers to forward you their advise.

Mark

The Black Unicorn
12-06-2016, 07:22 PM
If your heart is set on that style of boat then check out the Extreme 610 as well. You could fit a 610 surtees inside it. Way better bang for ya buck

scottar
12-06-2016, 08:54 PM
One at Crawfords at the minute

http://www.johncrawfordmarine.com.au/johncrawfordboats-for-sale/used/trailer-boats/extreme-610-game-king-hard-top/186663

rcfisher
13-06-2016, 10:28 AM
Still a mass produced boat which seems fairly light for its size and no self draining floor.

Sleepydragon
14-06-2016, 03:10 PM
Surtees is the way mate.

fishwpa
14-06-2016, 10:18 PM
I get the mass produced v custom builder argument but after seeing a Stabi 2100 today - oh my - love it!

Unfortunately it is a full Yam F200 outside my price point.

How do they run with oars ;)

SAFisherman
15-06-2016, 09:42 AM
Can the Bar Crusher haters please tell me why they hate them?

Crunchy
15-06-2016, 10:10 AM
Its about core competencies, just like Queensland plays rugby league far better than NSW can, NZ makes better plate boats than Australia :P

Noelm
15-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Skinny, over priced, over advertised (by paid TV hosts) noisey to fish out of, can't block off ballast system, fold down hard top is useless when folded down, but other than that.....

Noelm
15-06-2016, 10:21 AM
OH, don't hate them by the way, I fish out of one regularly, and it's OK, but not what they are beat up to be, but, just like Yamaha owners, BC owners will not hear a bad word said about them!

Crunchy
15-06-2016, 10:22 AM
Skinny, over priced, over advertised (by paid TV hosts) noisey to fish out of, can't block off ballast system, fold down hard top is useless when folded down, but other than that.....

and from a few owners reports it seems they are good at going around in circles

rcfisher
15-06-2016, 10:25 AM
Wouldn't say i hate mine by any means but i do feel if i get a local plate boat built it will turn out to be heavier which should equal better ride, have a lot more fuel capacity and self draining sealed floor which i feel is a big thing. A few things about the bar crusher i didn't like was the fact there was no room on the dash for electronics (think they have improved this now), I am close to 6 foot but the metal bar on top of the windscreen is right in the middle of my line of sight,and it was very tippy but this was fixed with trim tabs. Overall it has been a good boat for me for was i have used it for so wouldn't say i hate it by any means.

The Black Unicorn
15-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Its about core competencies, just like Queensland plays rugby league far better than NSW can, NZ makes better plate boats than Australia :P
Your opinion is not valid. You are a kiwi therefore cannot support either QLD or NSW. That being said , the fact that you are a kiwi is probably swaying you toward a QLD supporter due to the similarities between those that root sheep and those that are inbred.

Skusto
15-06-2016, 05:52 PM
SaFisherman, Everyone will always bag other brands of boats, Fibreglass owners will bag Plate owners its just what we do what ever we have is generally what people like the most. I know if I had a big budget I probably wouldn't even own a mono or plate boat but the reason why we chose the barcrusher was because it was the largest boat we could fit in the shed that still had a single axle trailer so it could be pushed around.

At the time the Barcrusher wasn't over priced and to be honest I don't think it still is compared to a lot of other boats out there these days, pretty much every 6m boat these days is over the 80K mark. we bought ours for nearly half that.. :o

At the end of the day ours gets us out to the reefs safe and home safe and pulls in good fish at reasonable times I don't walk away going shit my backs sore I'm still fine when I hop out, It does well what its built to do and would buy another if I had to. This boat has been the most cheapest boat to look after that we have ever had, havent had to spend much on it at all over the 7 years we have owned it other then us upgrading sounders and stuff like that but it wasnt due to maintenance. Even the Batteries are still original! Yes looking at changing them shortly.

At the end of the day there is always a better boat it will just go down to the person budget and like in our case if it ticks certain boxes then it will be the best boat for the persons application.

bluefin59
15-06-2016, 05:55 PM
Your opinion is not valid. You are a kiwi therefore cannot support either QLD or NSW. That being said , the fact that you are a kiwi is probably swaying you toward a QLD supporter due to the similarities between those that root sheep and those that are inbred.

Not so , he can support QLD and good on him for showing good taste which should be applauded he just can't be a QUEENSLANDER . Matthttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160615/635f07ca0bbef65b80240138875d2b52.jpg

Crunchy
15-06-2016, 06:12 PM

my wife/sister thinks that's pretty harsh, but he points out at least I can handle my piss

DaveR
16-06-2016, 02:26 AM

BC would probably tout the narrower beam as a benefit with regards to ride quality- and then throw branding on it like every other element of the boat: Rigideck®, Quickflow®, Waveslicer®, Gen2®, Bar flap®, Bar catch® etc. Surtees on the other hand just call those features what they are- stabilising ballast, trailer catch, shut-off gate. While I think that BC makes a good boat, I also get the feeling that their management treat buyers like idiots. I mean come on now, you branded the flap that holds the water in the ballast tank, which itself is also branded, where does it stop? They also claim these are "exclusive" technologies, which they clearly are not. In fact I believe they stole most of them from Surtees.

Lordspink
16-06-2016, 08:03 AM
I don't think you can go two far wrong with either of them, I have a BC 490C, the smallest because that's all i could afford.

I was going to get the Surtees work mate 4.85, but BC released the 490C when I was looking and at the time the work mates were a bit more expensive and didnt come with the same gear the BC did for the price (60L below deck fuel tank to name one).

The new Surtees Workmate 4.9, now has a few extras that the BC 490C doesnt, i suspect the next one though will have a few more than the workmate so on and so forth.

I got a tour of the BC factory in melboure when the father inlaw went down to have a look at his boat, it impressed me and thats one of the reasons I went down the BC path, once again either one would be a sound investment, dont see many for sale second hand and when you do they always sell for crazy prices compared to most other boats, its that brad that helps with the resale if you ever have to.

One of my pet hates is people who think that a heavily branded or "over advertised" product is in some way a negative, it certainly doesn't make the product any better but it doesn't mean its not as good as they say it is either. I was looking for advice on a camper trailer and the same thing came in stay away from brand "x" its to expense and its just because its on TV shows, you should look at brand "y" its heaps better for so many reasons, I gotta tell you after going to a few shows and looking at some of the suggestions side by side brand "x" was miles ahead and while expensive you got what you payed for which was a lot more than the others offered some for the same or more price.

SAFisherman
16-06-2016, 09:17 AM
Here in SA Bar Crushers grow on trees

I own a 615C with a 150HP Yamaha

It was the the only boat that size that I could drop the hard top and flip windscreen in less than a minute to get the boat through my garage.

Sometimes I can't be stuffed doing that after a long days fishing.

The only negative I have found is the paint scratches easy and trim tabs are a must, apart from that shes a beauty,

Just grinds my gears a little that some people bag them and call them Back Crushers etc

I have friends with similar size glass boats that say my boat is quieter than there's.

I love Cruise Crafts but they where out of the price range at the time, I have heard people say they bang around heaps and are nick named Bruise Crafts.

So I guess there is no perfect boat

SAFisherman
16-06-2016, 09:21 AM
I have been in noisier glass boats that slap around at anchor.

Skinny arse is suppose to prevent broaching.

Ballast can be blocked off.

Why is the hardtop useless when folded down?

SAFisherman
16-06-2016, 09:24 AM
SaFisherman, Everyone will always bag other brands of boats, Fibreglass owners will bag Plate owners its just what we do what ever we have is generally what people like the most. I know if I had a big budget I probably wouldn't even own a mono or plate boat but the reason why we chose the barcrusher was because it was the largest boat we could fit in the shed that still had a single axle trailer so it could be pushed around.

At the time the Barcrusher wasn't over priced and to be honest I don't think it still is compared to a lot of other boats out there these days, pretty much every 6m boat these days is over the 80K mark. we bought ours for nearly half that.. :o

At the end of the day ours gets us out to the reefs safe and home safe and pulls in good fish at reasonable times I don't walk away going shit my backs sore I'm still fine when I hop out, It does well what its built to do and would buy another if I had to. This boat has been the most cheapest boat to look after that we have ever had, havent had to spend much on it at all over the 7 years we have owned it other then us upgrading sounders and stuff like that but it wasnt due to maintenance. Even the Batteries are still original! Yes looking at changing them shortly.

At the end of the day there is always a better boat it will just go down to the person budget and like in our case if it ticks certain boxes then it will be the best boat for the persons application.

When I was shopping around I nearly fell off my chair on how much they wanted for a new 20ft Haines Hunter/ Cruise Craft, probably why you see stuff all new ones around in SA

SAFisherman
16-06-2016, 09:26 AM

Crunchy
16-06-2016, 11:31 AM
Just saying....

SAFisherman
16-06-2016, 12:07 PM
Just saying....

Yeah and what does that mean?

DaveR
16-06-2016, 12:31 PM
"Regretful sale due to back injury", I think he's just poking fun at the back crusher comment. Although I hear bone crusher more often than back crusher. All good fun, plate vs glass is a bit like Ford vs Holden, doesn't matter how good they are, folks will always poke fun at the "other side", that's just how it is.

Noelm
16-06-2016, 12:39 PM
Name one
Lots of boats that aren't narrow don't broach

As an option NOW

Way too low to be able to see anything with it folded down

fishwpa
16-06-2016, 01:15 PM
Way too low to be able to see anything with it folded down

That's true - I think as a means to stay dry on the go it is not very practical unless absolutely desperate.

Although in saying that it has it's advantage when stowing in a garage and also you can easily add clears for a screen with zip out windows as an option so in wet weather there is no need to fold down to stay dry.

I'm moving up to the sunshine coast so thinking the c model is a good compromise between a hard top and open.

The Black Unicorn
16-06-2016, 09:05 PM
my wife/sister thinks that's pretty harsh, but he points out at least I can handle my piss
That all depends on whether you drink it or pour down others throats.

Chris Tucker
17-06-2016, 02:25 PM
"Regretful sale due to back injury", I think he's just poking fun at the back crusher comment. Although I hear bone crusher more often than back crusher. All good fun, plate vs glass is a bit like Ford vs Holden, doesn't matter how good they are, folks will always poke fun at the "other side", that's just how it is.

That's not a plate v's plastic thing its an everyone else v's Barcrusher thing. Sort of like Collingwood you either love them or love to hate them.

Chris Tucker
17-06-2016, 02:27 PM
Having just had a good look at the Melbourne show at the three for all intensive purpose identical boats I'd go Extreme. Just a little better detailing across the board.

Crunchy
17-06-2016, 02:45 PM
Yep nicely finished heh, what else interesting was there?

Chris Tucker
17-06-2016, 02:49 PM
Honestly not a lot. I did the whole show in 1 1/4 hours including catching up with some contacts.

Ratty38
19-06-2016, 05:32 PM
I can SAFisherman. I previously had a 2006 model 560C barcrusher which I owned secondhand for a couple of years. It was a little hard riding and a very wet boat if it wasnt trimmed right on the motor, however, I loved the boat and had little problems with it except for small electrolysis issues. Not too bad for a boat 9 years old though.
Time came for an upgrade and I thought I was making the right decision in purchasing a new one. How wrong I was.
I purchased a 670C from the Sydney boat show last year. The boat is still one week away from its first birthday and I have a list of problems that a boat 15 years old shouldnt have. I have large strips of paint falling off the sides, blisters throughout the paint job. Wiring and stray current issues. Bent seats, snapped pedistal seat brackets and major electrolysis issues already. All of these issues occured within the first six months of ownership. I have been pursueing warranty from the barcrusher factory itself for over six months now, with them refusing to repair ANYTHING on the boat. All I get is poor excuses one after the other as to why it is my fault. Barcrusher are your best friend until you hand over 80k then they want nothing more to do with you. I am currently going through the department of consumer affairs, the ACCC and are pursuing legal avenues to try and get some sort of result out of them. Meanwhile I need to sell the boat as I dont believe that it will last for 10 years of service which is what I was looking for. Let this be a warning to anyone who is considering purchasing one of these vessels that you are only throwing money down the drain. Opt for another brand which has aftersales service.

fishwpa
19-06-2016, 07:34 PM
I can SAFisherman. I previously had a 2006 model 560C barcrusher which I owned secondhand for a couple of years. It was a little hard riding and a very wet boat if it wasnt trimmed right on the motor, however, I loved the boat and had little problems with it except for small electrolysis issues. Not too bad for a boat 9 years old though.
Time came for an upgrade and I thought I was making the right decision in purchasing a new one. How wrong I was.
I purchased a 670C from the Sydney boat show last year. The boat is still one week away from its first birthday and I have a list of problems that a boat 15 years old shouldnt have. I have large strips of paint falling off the sides, blisters throughout the paint job. Wiring and stray current issues. Bent seats, snapped pedistal seat brackets and major electrolysis issues already. All of these issues occured within the first six months of ownership. I have been pursueing warranty from the barcrusher factory itself for over six months now, with them refusing to repair ANYTHING on the boat. All I get is poor excuses one after the other as to why it is my fault. Barcrusher are your best friend until you hand over 80k then they want nothing more to do with you. I am currently going through the department of consumer affairs, the ACCC and are pursuing legal avenues to try and get some sort of result out of them. Meanwhile I need to sell the boat as I dont believe that it will last for 10 years of service which is what I was looking for. Let this be a warning to anyone who is considering purchasing one of these vessels that you are only throwing money down the drain. Opt for another brand which has aftersales service.

Really sorry to hear about your experience Ratty38.

I hope my experience with BC is different to yours because I ended up ordering a Bar Crusher 670C with a 175 Suzuki. Pretty much optioned up with all the goodies including 270L fuel, trim tabs, Stress free anchor winch etc.

Noelm
19-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Problem with after sales service is you don't find out if its good or bad until...you guessed it, AFTER you need it, the shiny salesman telling you how much better his product than anything else in the known universe will disown you once you have signed on the dotted line and you have drama.

fishwpa
19-06-2016, 08:53 PM
Problem with after sales service is you don't find out if its good or bad until...you guessed it, AFTER you need it, the shiny salesman telling you how much better his product than anything else in the known universe will disown you once you have signed on the dotted line and you have drama.

Hi Noelm, I'm hoping my experience with BC will be good experience and at this stage I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Now days, every business (car, boat, house builders, restaurant, cleaning, software, accounting etc) has good stories and bad (more so) on the internet.

If we used the internet for all our purchasing decisions we would never buy anything - would we?

PixieAU
20-06-2016, 07:31 AM
Even more reason businesses should look after their customers.

Noelm
20-06-2016, 07:51 AM
Hi Noelm, I'm hoping my experience with BC will be good experience and at this stage I have no reason to believe otherwise.

Now days, every business (car, boat, house builders, restaurant, cleaning, software, accounting etc) has good stories and bad (more so) on the internet.

If we used the internet for all our purchasing decisions we would never buy anything - would we?
Yep I agree, I wasn't in this instance referring to service from BC, just stating that after the purchase is when you learn how good or bad your dealer is, I am not too sure how they go about their warranty service, but traditionally it starts (and should end) with the dealer.

SAFisherman
20-06-2016, 09:11 AM
I have put on 100 hrs since new in 24 months and not one single problem