PDA

View Full Version : Mercury props loan for beer

outta line
02-06-2016, 05:35 AM
Just putting it out there before I spend $2k on props
Wanting to try loan a set of LH/RH props for my 23" noosacat with twin 175 verados
Either a set of Mercury
17p enertia
or rev 4 17p
Iam running a set of 19p Vensura 4 blades and bogs down on loaded trips
can pay with beer and own it if I brake it .. Lol

location Gold Coast but can travel
cheers Mick

koastal
02-06-2016, 07:34 AM
You can try my 15,s Enertias if your stuck mick.

Is it making 6200 - 6400 with the 19,s ?

outta line
02-06-2016, 08:07 AM
Mate I tried ringing you a while back .. You still on the same number ? I'll try again today if so

myusernam
02-06-2016, 11:37 AM
your mercury dealer should be able to provide on a loan basis surely?

outta line
02-06-2016, 01:43 PM
your mercury dealer should be able to provide on a loan basis surely?

This is not a new boat .. Yes I can change props with mercury provided they arnt damaged can keep swaping till I find the rite one but have to fork out the 2k for new props that may give me no advantage over the ones Iam running at the moment

myusernam
02-06-2016, 02:58 PM
This is not a new boat .. Yes I can change props with mercury provided they arnt damaged can keep swaping till I find the rite one but have to fork out the 2k for new props that may give me no advantage over the ones Iam running at the moment
most dealers would let you take them for a run just to see, and not have to buy if no better. (so long as they have in stock) certainly I have done this before. just a thought. maybe u have already tried

outta line
02-06-2016, 03:54 PM
most dealers would let you take them for a run just to see, and not have to buy if no better. (so long as they have in stock) certainly I have done this before. just a thought. maybe u have already tried

Yes have asked a few dealers around my area they don't stock them getting a LH prop is the hard part would have to try and loan of one of their customers .. Like I said I can buy a pair and keep swapping with mercury till I find a set that suits

outta line
02-06-2016, 07:22 PM
You can try my 15,s Enertias if your stuck mick.

Is it making 6200 - 6400 with the 19,s ?

Mate I'll try ring you again tomorrow ... No only pulling 6000 wot at half weight

gofishin
02-06-2016, 10:56 PM
What GPS speed(s) were you getting at 6k rpm Mick? And GPS speed and rpm when you say you 'were getting bogged down' when loaded?

The Vensuras were formerly know as Offshore props, but Merc changed the name soon after releasing the Rev 4 series - for obvious marketing reasons.

If I remember correctly the Off/Vens 19's are only 14" diam, but the diam steps up to 14.5" for the 17p model. This could be another option (although I was far from impressed in the 17 I tried - albeit was a single & mono hull).

A month or so ago there was a 17 Rev 4 LH on evilBay for a steal. Might pay to have a look & see if it is still around.

Cheers
Brendon

koastal
03-06-2016, 07:46 AM
Mate I'll try ring you again tomorrow ... No only pulling 6000 wot at half weight

Sounds like 17's might be the go. But the 15' s will prob move a full load a lot easier.
I had 9 people in the boat and 500 ltrs fuel on the week end and the 15's still made recommended rpm.
I will have the props in the car today Mick.