PDA

View Full Version : Sharks sharing my catch

Haji-Baba
17-05-2016, 10:10 PM
Anybody losing good fish to "The Tax Collectors" in Moreton Bay???

Lost 5 good fish recently and possibly another 2 earlier in the year. It has got so bad in my fishing area that I will resist fishing for a while until things improve.

Had the same problem back in the mid 60's and 70's.

Lost an estimated 30 pound cod yesterday. Just the head remained.
And they took a few live baits to the boot.

They certainly are around at the moment.

Have Fun Haji-Baba.

scottar
17-05-2016, 11:09 PM
Yep.

PROS
18-05-2016, 02:28 PM
Anybody losing good fish to "The Tax Collectors" in Moreton Bay???

Lost 5 good fish recently and possibly another 2 earlier in the year. It has got so bad in my fishing area that I will resist fishing for a while until things improve.

Had the same problem back in the mid 60's and 70's.

Lost an estimated 30 pound cod yesterday. Just the head remained.
And they took a few live baits to the boot.

They certainly are around at the moment.

Have Fun Haji-Baba.

Do you use burley?

Haji-Baba
18-05-2016, 03:32 PM
No.

Just live bait caught on the spot and deployed on heavy hand lines and allowed to
sit on the bottom with 12 foot long traces.

Last Monday 16Th. had about 3 runs with no hook up, (very strange) and then one long run from a good cod.

Had him coming to the boat and he gave another very fast run and then nothing. Shark got him 6-8 meters from the boat. Saw one shark (say 2 meters) flash past the stern but I think the fish was actually taken by a much bigger shark
judging by the bite size.

A bit disappointing as the purpose of the outing was to put my younger brother onto a good cod. He never even got a run but at least he had a good look at a decent head.

Have fun Haji-Baba

airlock
18-05-2016, 05:35 PM
yup, all over the noosa reefs at the moment. Lost a few good sweetlip to them the time before last and last trip they had a taste for trout :(

marto78
18-05-2016, 09:24 PM
Have had a couple of trips to curtain in the last month and have been smashed by sharks both times.

Never had a shark issue there before in the last decade.