PDA

View Full Version : small tinnie fit out

martib
07-05-2016, 05:16 PM
Hey all Ive got an Allycraft 4.25 and it needs its floor and cast deck replaced.
Im looking for ideas,
I want to make my cast deck bigger, and with that making some storage for my gear.
also want to cover from my back bench seat to transom, for a small cast deck, underneath storage for fuel tank and battery.
if anyone know of a good thread or a site I can look at for ideas, please let me know.
Cheers Marty

Noelm
07-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Just go for a look at your closest boat shop, they should have plenty of tinnies fully kitted out, Quintrex make a few models, the Renegade has just what you want.

chocolatemoose
07-05-2016, 07:17 PM
oh man soo many fun things. tinnys are the bestangled alluminium is pretty easy available at your local bunnings. that. plus a drill and a pop riveter you can build subframes pretty easy "esp if you played with mechanco" so building supports for the rear casting platform is pretty easy. and then a piece of marine ply carpetered big enough to cover the rear area and rear thwart. couple of hatches of high quality and or cutting some square openings for batteries and fuel. areas like that should be vented. pSHEAPS of good storage boxes and tackle storage solution. spend a few bucks more and get high quality stuff.

Scott Ashe
08-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Hi mate, I was just curious is your Ally Craft 4.25 the "Reelmate". I have had mine since 2009 and I'm still happy with it. Good luck with your renovations you have planned.

martib
08-05-2016, 11:20 AM
Yeah mate. It's a realmate. Same year.

Dignity
08-05-2016, 03:42 PM
Good luck with your renos, apart from your local hardware try looking for an aluminium distributor, a lot more options and lengths available and usually cheaper. Get the frames welded if possible as pop rivets have a nasty habit of corroding away to nothing.
Also use the artificial grass glue for the carpets, easier to use and also waterproof once set.