PDA

View Full Version : Stessco Catcher FL 430

dcoggo
13-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking at a stessco catcher FL430 with 30 hp Yamaha, watersnake and a few extras, it's a 2014 model and looks like a really good boat. The owner says it owes him $10500 and he said he would sell to me for $7500, really just after some advice as I've only owned quintrex tinnies and don't know what these are like. Cheers

StevenM
13-04-2016, 07:42 PM
Good

own a stessco myself. Was tossing between the catcher and the bass, ended up with the bass.

rtp1984
13-04-2016, 08:06 PM
Hey mate.
I have one.
Good little boat I think. I use mine as a creek boat, but also take it out off double island a couple of times a year, and it does well.
I had a 30hp tohatsu, that was great with one or two blokes, but as soon as you have a third bloke it it really struggled, sky just keep that in mind, particularly if you will have a lekky plus and extra battery ect.
i have just repowered with a 40, and is perfect. But mind you, the 30 was fine as well, as I mostly fish solo or with only one other.

Very wide, very stable at rest, I think the wide gunwales are one of the best features, make fitting rod holders ect a breeze, and really stiffens the whole boat up.

If you want to have a look or a drive of one, let me know, im in North brissy.

Cheers rob.

oldie
13-04-2016, 09:42 PM
just get the HIN number and do a PPSR check mate that way you know that there no $$ owing etc which is good peace of mind, not bad buying at that price and no different than any of the others in that design, the Quintrex has the blade hull which is no doubt the major difference with ride quality

bugsytwoshoes
14-04-2016, 08:07 AM
Hi mate, as Rob has just said as soon as you put any more than two people in the boat it will kill it. I have just been down this path as I bought a brand new Horizon 435 easyfisher with a 30hp on it but it would not plane with anymore than two in the boat. I was very disappointed with it so I sold the motor and I decided to put a 50hp on it. I have since changed my mind again and am going to sell the hull and trailer, it is for sale on gumtree.

Tangles
14-04-2016, 09:12 PM
Hi guys, I'm looking at a stessco catcher FL430 with 30 hp Yamaha, watersnake and a few extras, it's a 2014 model and looks like a really good boat. The owner says it owes him $10500 and he said he would sell to me for $7500, really just after some advice as I've only owned quintrex tinnies and don't know what these are like. Cheers

I have a Stessco SF 430, now have a 50 Honda 4 stroke, on the weekend 3 guys 4 eskies, 3 swags we got 50 klicks, i think with a 30 its under powered with the leccie and battery etc but still a great tinny, with just yourself, it will be ok, add a couple of blokes and it will struggle imo... they are a great hull, very confident and stable. need a 40 2 stroke at least

koastal
15-04-2016, 04:59 AM
I have had 2 Stesscos. First one was a 3.85 Bream, it had a 25hp tohatsu. Fished a lot with 2 adults and 2 young kids.
30 hp on a 4.35 would be ok as long as it was propped correctly

2nd one was a 4.5m offshore with a 50hp yamaha. Both of them were sturdy boats. I would buy another Stessco.

Sheik
15-04-2016, 07:26 AM
Yep I would buy another stessco. Had a catcher and it was a great little boat with a 30hp 3 cylinder yammie. One thing I would suggest is getting power trim and tilt. As mentioned, it's a stable little boat and great for crabbing and prawning, but trying to lift a motor when you're in shallow water is a nightmare. Also found with two in it was fine but three became sluggish. Great little boat.

alleycat
15-04-2016, 11:00 PM
I have a 429 catcher with a 30hp yammy 2cyl on the back, its gets on the plane with 4 people on board, great stable hull, its the best imho..