PDA

View Full Version : How often to change plugs and engine filters

stevemid
13-04-2016, 05:26 PM
OK, I got no problem changing the oil and oil filter every hundred hours. However, I'm looking at the plugs and fuel filter I just changed out from my 4stroke 70HP Yamaha and I'm thinking I should have left them in for another 100 hours at least. (My primary fuel filters had no water, no sludge and no chaff of any kind.) I hope the photo shows the condition.

How long do you guys leave in your plugs and engine fuel filter?112833 What do you think of the condition of these?
Steve

Spaniard_King
13-04-2016, 06:23 PM
Plugs every 100 they are not iridium so should be done every 100 for reliability

If you have a water separating fuel filter before that filter do that one every 400 hrs

Noelm
13-04-2016, 06:31 PM
Not a lot of science goes into my maintenance, I do both cars every Christmas, and both boats get done as well, the Suzuki,s get a "kit" the Yamaha is still near new, but will get the obligatory 20 hour then a Christmas present as well

Noelm
13-04-2016, 06:33 PM
OH, and the boat mounted fuel filters/water separaters get replaced every Christmas on the even years.

Smithy
13-04-2016, 08:08 PM
My last boat I did about 3,000 hours on two motors commercially. I was doing minor services every 150hours (engine oil and filter and gearbox oil) and every three services I was doing a major (spark plugs and impellor extra). Worked for me I reckon. Primary fuel filter wise, as soon as there is a hint of rust change them if mounted externally. I certainly left the odd one too long and had to put a screwdriver through them to screw them off.