PDA

View Full Version : Tilapia around Carindale area share some spots?

overdraft1
26-03-2016, 05:20 PM
anyone care to share some spots where to catch some Tilapia with my young fella?? around carindale if possible

Feral
27-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Anywhere in Bulimba creek should find them. Look up "canoe trail" for Bulimba creek, will give you acces points to fish from. (Just be polite to anyone actually wanting to launch a canoe and let them in!)

overdraft1
27-03-2016, 09:34 AM
doing it land based, i went up bulimba creek past westfield but saw nothing but turtles and poddys

Triple
27-03-2016, 05:28 PM
Heap of em in the minnippi parklands ponds.. Or drive a bit to the ponds in the park behind bunnings calapaba so at least the young bloke can have a play if they aren't biting.. Anywhere there is a pond/dam/lake that's fed from overflow tingy or bulimba creek will have them.

overdraft1
31-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Dont think your allowed to fish in minnipi, might check the ones out at capalaba , i ended up driving to hnderwood park and killing half a dozen of em

mitc69
08-04-2016, 05:53 AM
why not come to Birkdale aqua park and just play with the breams? I take my kids now and then... sand for kids, fishing for the fun, long path foot for the miss to job out, nice wind...

overdraft1
03-05-2016, 08:20 AM
I can catch bream any where, plus im dong my bit and killing a few pests for free, found a few ponds now that hold them in huge numbers we re getting bulk ammounts

Triple
03-05-2016, 10:12 AM
anyone care to share some spots where to catch some Tilapia

found a few ponds now that hold them in huge numbers we re getting bulk ammounts

Do share said spots..

Dignity
03-05-2016, 10:30 AM
It would be great if they could develop a virus that kills them off similar to the herpes virus proposed for carp that is about to be released although I am in two minds about that, so far what has been reported is that it doesn't harm birds, reptiles etc but no mention of other fish, but then again that is the media, I need to do some actual research on it.

mitc69
04-05-2016, 07:02 PM
that virus for carp is creepy lol... small fishes gonna eat the dead body like always or the body gonna produce enough poison to degrade the water anyway and spread the damn virus lol... sometimes they think dead fish will just magically disappear lol

Triple
05-05-2016, 11:53 AM
"Current research has also shown that the virus does not develop in native Australian or any other introduced species of fish."

http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/BF/Areas/Managing-the-impacts-of-invasive-species/Biological-control/Biocontrol-of-carp (http://www.csiro.au/en/Research/BF/Areas/Managing-the-impacts-of-invasive-species/Biological-control/Biocontrol-of-carp)

Just_chips
05-05-2016, 02:23 PM
Do share said spots..

Absolutely. The more people who know where they are and are out hunting them the better. No point playing secret squirrel with tilapia spots, sort of defeats the purpose to have somewhere all to your self with this pest, share and decimate I reckon.

I'll start, I've got some rippers down at Cabbage Tree Creek at the Rogan Rd bridge heading into Fitzgibbon, although I already shared my spot with the local tackle store and it got a flogging and I can't get any big ones there anymore. I'm not saddened by this at all, it's a good thing, I reckon the recent rain might push some more downstream to target in coming weeks.

Kev

overdraft1
11-05-2016, 04:35 PM
Happy to share but please dont trash the place by leaving dead fish and garbage all over the place, itsa guranteed way of getting locked out, anyways the ponds at underwood park hold bulk ammounts dont be fooled by the size of the ponds, also the pond at the back of the sportsclub at Birkdale ,and the deep pond a minnipi reserve but thats a no fishing place

Just_chips
12-05-2016, 07:56 AM
Happy to share but please dont trash the place by leaving dead fish and garbage all over the place, itsa guranteed way of getting locked out, anyways the ponds at underwood park hold bulk ammounts dont be fooled by the size of the ponds, also the pond at the back of the sportsclub at Birkdale ,and the deep pond a minnipi reserve but thats a no fishing place

Absolutely agree with the don't trash the place comment. Didn't even think of this as I leave where I fish as I find it if not better as I often take a rubbish bag with me too so that I can pick up behind the grubs. I get a bit complacent thinking everybody will be as tidy and respectful as I am, but in reality that simply isn't the case. Good call OD1.