PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex dealer for trident or Bowrider 610

GetJiggy
04-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Hi all

can anyone recommend a Quintrex dealer with good service around brisbane area. Looking to get either a trident or Bowrider 610 with blade hull, appreciate comments on the ride if you own one of these. Will be looking at the boat shows coming up for a good deal.

Cheers

patrol50
04-03-2016, 10:29 AM
i allegedly had a very unpleasant new boat buying / service experience >:( a few years back with a quin dealer near the springwood area - but as always i guess the best deal and price will dictate - cant help you with the bowrider and new blade hull as mine has the millennium hull and is the coast runner and it does bounce around quite a bit in the bay chop once that breeze gets over 10/15 knts
cheers

Camhawk88
04-03-2016, 10:41 AM
What is your budget and intended use? IMHO the big quinnys are overpriced tinnys with a lot of room but not at all suited to regular offshore work.
If you want a family cruiser for getting about the rivers and lakes then no worries (although I still reckon there are better boats for the price).
I take it by asking about ride you are looking at offshore work. If so, your really should consider looking at glass. The quinny will ride fine in small chop but once she starts getting half the hull out of the water the landings will be hard. The hull design looks great up the front but that knife hull flattens out as it flares and works like big reverse chines resulting in slamming.

aussiebasser
04-03-2016, 11:17 AM
To answer your question Brisbane Yamaha at Burpengary are good people. They will be able to give you a ride in one so you can make your own decision.

GetJiggy
04-03-2016, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the feedback on dealers and ride!
im looking at river, dam ,broad water and bay use mainly.. Wanting something 6m+ bulletproof with space and weight under 2ton with budget 60k. New Quintrex 5mm bottom and trans with blade hull should help smooth the ride??

patrol50
04-03-2016, 02:43 PM
Thanks for the feedback on dealers and ride!
im looking at river, dam ,broad water and bay use mainly.. Wanting something 6m+ bulletproof with space and weight under 2ton with budget 60k. New Quintrex 5mm bottom and trans with blade hull should help smooth the ride??

no very doubtful with any pressed quin but yes could look at one of their hybrid plates and the trident maybe ok dont know enough about it - i dont mind the sea jays plate and really like the surtees but a bit out of budget new probably but you might get a surtees 6.1 workmate hardtop second hand for around 60 k and that is very nice to have

bluefin59
04-03-2016, 04:27 PM
I bought a new Quintrex trailer from Brisbane Yamaha at Burpengary and they are a Quintrex dealer , I received great service from them and imagine buying an entire boat package would be a similar experience . I personally love my bluefin but the new quintrex range are a good looking boat for the price and the plate boat thing is really overrated in my opinion until you get into the bigger sizes and BUDGETS but just my opinion ... Matt

hino310
04-03-2016, 07:04 PM
I hope you want an E-Tec two stroke on the back of it, because if you don't act soon i don't think you will have a choice or will have to pay a premium for a Fourstroke.
The rumours are very strong now. Because e-tec sales have been so poor (they can only really sell them on Telwater packages (Quintrex,Stacer Savage) BRP have given up and are handing the Evinrude brand over to Telwater.
Correct me if i am wrong.

Cheers Hino

rodneyk
04-03-2016, 07:18 PM
I hope you want an E-Tec two stroke on the back of it, because if you don't act soon i don't think you will have a choice or will have to pay a premium for a Fourstroke.
The rumours are very strong now. Because e-tec sales have been so poor (they can only really sell them on Telwater packages (Quintrex,Stacer Savage) BRP have given up and are handing the Evinrude brand over to Telwater.

Cheers Hino You will still have a choice but you may also be right on ETEC rumour you only need to look at suzuki

TruBlue
04-03-2016, 09:05 PM
Trailcraft make a nice boat around that price bracket
Been outside in one and the ride was good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FisHard
05-03-2016, 07:42 AM
I would definitely avoid the dealer at Springwood

gofishin
05-03-2016, 03:53 PM
... Looking to get either a trident or Bowrider 610 with blade hull... Although the same hull, two very different boats there Jiggy! Cuddy vs bowrider.

Why the diverse options? Not being funny/taking the p, just asking - are you not sure yet of which type? If so, I would be looking at the 2nd hand market & all brands too - won't take such a big hit if you work out you bought the wrong type of boat after 6 months etc.

... looking at river, dam ,broad water and bay use mainly.. Wanting something 6m+ bulletproof ... Not sure the word bulletproof can be used with the pressed/hybrid 'any brand' either, and at 60k same applies. However, 60k might buy you a 5-8+ yr (??) old 'real' plate boat which 'should' be closer to bulletproof. Also depends on how you define the word 'bulletproof' I suppose [emoji1].

Also don't forget that the Quinny models have suffered from 'model creep' over the years (like many other brands), and now include bowsprits and any overhang from boarding platforms etc.

I owned a 2005 model 610 bowrider (real hull length, also 5mm bottom) for nearly 4 yrs, and at the time it suited my/family needs very well. A current model 610 trident hull would be equivalent to a 570 model from the same era.

Can't comment on the ride of the new blade hull, but from the looks it 'should' provide a better ride in heavier seas fwd of the beam quarter. However, remember there are many compromises in boating! Test drive to help you make up your mind, & best to do it in the worst conditions you expect to be out in. Good luck with the purchase.
Cheers
Brendon

Noelm
05-03-2016, 06:44 PM

Cheers Hino
I think you might have your wires crossed just a tad... The rumor is, BRP are buying part of Telwater, nothing to do with BRP "giving up"

stang69
06-03-2016, 06:49 AM
Quintrex and Etec, a match made in heaven. Junk on junk.

fishing111
06-03-2016, 07:15 AM
Had a 570 Quintrex bowrider, fine for light work but outside the hull would flex with a rippling vibrating type shudder from bow to stern. You'd be advised to read and heed the advice concerning Springwood Marine.

For 60K you could get into something really good S/H.

Rustness
06-03-2016, 08:55 AM
Stay away from the Springwood dealer. Absolutely shocking service. I live in springwood and drove to Broadwater boating at Labrador for my boat. That's how shocking springwood is

Jeremy
06-03-2016, 09:56 AM
Wanting something 6m+ bulletproof with space and weight under 2ton with budget 60k.
Do your due diligence. Do a search for Quintrex or Telewater and problems. There are at least two old threads on Ausfish. Big name does not equate to quality.

aussiebasser
07-03-2016, 06:55 AM
Do your due diligence. Do a search for Quintrex or Telewater and problems. There are at least two old threads on Ausfish. Big name does not equate to quality.

There's a post from 2005, Quintrex Telwater Problems, about a few redundancies. Apart from that no posts titled Quintrex Problem or Telwater Problem. Not a bad record for Australia's biggest selling Alloy Boat.

hino310
07-03-2016, 05:30 PM
I think you might have your wires crossed just a tad... The rumor is, BRP are buying part of Telwater, nothing to do with BRP "giving up"

Nope, i am pretty sure.Who is re powering there boats with etecs. Not many. They are really only being sold on the back of Telwater boats. At the end of the day the Evinrudes are still two strokes, you need to remember to buy oil etc.