PDA

View Full Version : re Gateway Module and Mercury Engine Diagnostics for a 60 hp 4 strk

patrol50
03-03-2016, 05:18 PM
hi - have a 2012 merc 60 hp 4 strk on the inshore quin coast runner ( son has a offshore boat with a suzuki ob that apparently just connects and reads via a simple lead ) - have been tossing up re getting the merc single engine gateway module fitted so can read via the nmea 2000 system on the hds gen 1 or the touch 2 but the set up via the gateway module aint that real cheap to do is it ( good on ya merc ) ? - and when fitted all you can read on the 60 hp 4 str will be the engine diagnostics , batt voltage , fuel flow , engine hrs and rpm some of which i have now on the dash gauges or on the hds anyway

so the question is - is it worth the < $ 1 k approx (give or take a bit) to set it up so as can read the engine diagnostics - has anyone done it with a merc 40 - 60 hp 4 strk that can comment in the affirmative or negative

cheers and thanks in advance

scottar
03-03-2016, 05:52 PM
Unless you really need/want the fuel management, I wouldn't bother.

patrol50
03-03-2016, 07:53 PM
thanks scottar thinking along that line my self and no dont really need the fuel management - wouldnt mind having engine temp and oil pressure and that kind of stuff thou just as a safety thing but it doesnt really give that on the 40 - 60 4 strk mercs read out anyway - you just gotta love mercury !!

cheers