PDA

View Full Version : Anyone own a wahoo?

Triple
10-02-2016, 08:37 AM
Saw this on face ache and thought I'd see if one else had any issues with them?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10206847538159660&id=1012788644

mitc69
10-02-2016, 08:43 AM
poor fellow

shaungonemad
10-02-2016, 03:34 PM
That's pretty ordinary.

shakey55
10-02-2016, 04:54 PM
I would off to fair trading and I would even get boat inspected by an expert.

Don't let this bloke get away with it. Him saying he has no money to build another, I would say is absolute 'Bull Shite'

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHOOTER1
10-02-2016, 07:12 PM
Get a marine surveyor to do a full report. Then send him a copy with a letter requesting a full refund. This boat will never be fit for purpose. So sorry to see crap like this happening. Totally dodgy.

Fish Face
10-02-2016, 07:21 PM
That is BULLSHIT ! Excuse me.... No wonder the industry has gone to shit. Don't cop that, no way... Piss's me right off...

mitc69
10-02-2016, 08:18 PM
or they can run him out of business :) refer to consumer act , but i suggest they trend carefully, cuz if he is a trustees business he can declare bankrupt and u end up with nothing then he can just restart it under a new name, im sure there all exp in this lol..

GBC
11-02-2016, 08:04 AM
Shared on fb

IcyDuck
11-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Surely any legitimate business wouldn't be that stupid to think that they could get away with something like that. And to then wipe their hands of it and walk away makes no sense to me at all. That would be "commercial suicide".

Crunchy
11-02-2016, 08:40 AM
I totally agree, why spend all those years building up a brand then chuck it all away by turning out crap like this?

Shawn 66
11-02-2016, 10:37 AM
Just had a quick look on google for Wahoo. They stated they were an American company, is that correct?
Shawn

Crunchy
11-02-2016, 11:07 AM
Nooooooope

aussiebasser
11-02-2016, 11:13 AM
Again, we are only seeing one side of the story.

IcyDuck
11-02-2016, 11:48 AM

Very true and kinda my point. I know it does happen but it defies belief that any business would sabotage their own reputation in such a way.

Crunchy
11-02-2016, 11:58 AM

Generally I would agree but, THE BOAT HAS GOT NO STRINGERS!

Ocean_Spirit
11-02-2016, 12:29 PM
Disappointing, if true. To be frank (and not saying this owner / operator is one of them) but there are some purported company owners now that wouldn't have been hired as the factory mailman 15 years ago that are running some of these Australian companies now. It's not surprising they don't know how to build a boat properly, but they sure will tell you they can.

There are a lot of well known boat brands that HAVE stringers that aren't serving any structural purpose. With anywhere from 10mm - 30mm gaps between the hull and stringer that are merely filled up with bog. Hence my laughter when some naysayers try to tell me how well built there #### is. You shouldn't be able to get a sheet of paper under a stronger, let alone a Coke can! Luckily there's just enough glass there to compensate but eventually, they'll give.

Triple
11-02-2016, 01:47 PM
Just had a quick look on google for Wahoo. They stated they were an American company, is that correct?
Shawn

Aussie company - http://www.wahoofishingboats.com.au/

ozynorts
11-02-2016, 02:31 PM
There are a lot of well known boat brands that HAVE stringers that aren't serving any structural purpose. With anywhere from 10mm - 30mm gaps between the hull and stringer that are merely filled up with bog. Hence my laughter when some naysayers try to tell me how well built there #### is. You shouldn't be able to get a sheet of paper under a stronger, let alone a Coke can! Luckily there's just enough glass there to compensate but eventually, they'll give.

At about the 3 minute mark of this video you see the stringers going into a hull and the foam being put in. It doesn't appear that the stringers have been fibre glassed in so I doubt that they are giving the structural integrity that they should.....
http://www.evolutionboats.com.au/construction/

Dignity
12-02-2016, 12:41 PM
Start with Office of Fair Trading, based on the photos only this would require a full refund.

hainsofast
12-02-2016, 03:15 PM
This is why you buy from a reputable dealer, the amount of stories from cowboy dealers I hear, I wouldn't' touch one.

Good luck to the person who bought it getting it back. I know of a bloke who bought a boat from Hervey Bay that failed miserably, he won't be getting any coin back either the poor fella

TheRealPoMo
12-02-2016, 04:20 PM
Not trying to be funny but what happened to that guy with the Haines that had all those issues...thread is on here somewhere. ...I didn't pay much attention but he seemed to have a similar case.

Dogtoooth
13-02-2016, 03:26 PM
I wonder if your lemon is built to AUSTRALIAN standards. Safety is No.1 priority when boating, you might have a case. Lawyerquote.com.au

mitc69
13-02-2016, 03:50 PM
golden rule to building anything!!!

if u plan to get someone or a company to build your boat, do it in stages, just like how you build your house.. payment in stages to protect yourself, in that way you get to see every stage and what was used and how the wiring is done, if u find it stupid or doggie, they need fix it or no payment for next stage, in that way if u fail to come to agreement, the loss is min where another can pick it up

if they dont like in stages then find another, but im sure they all do stages nowday
you put your amount in an trustee account, and every stage require you to sign off on it for next payment

something every customer need to understand.. or something your lawyer will charge you 150$/hr for that advice lol