PDA

View Full Version : Working Navman 8084 transducer required.. (borrow)

Triple
03-02-2016, 09:39 AM
Thought i would ask here first to see if anyone has one laying around from an old install that I can have a loan of.

Having a few issues with my Navman 8084 and trying to work out if its the transducer or the unit itself before I decide to replace it. I'm chasing a working transducer that would fit the 8084, my current one is the 50/200hz p/n # 47612 with LT6 connector. I'm in the brisbane bayside area and will pick up and drop off in the surrounding areas with your choice of a liquid reward.
Cheers.

scottar
03-02-2016, 04:22 PM
What issues Triple?

Triple
03-02-2016, 08:00 PM
Poor bottom reading at low speeds drops out completely above 10 knots or so.. Was working reasonably well when I first bought the boat but never as good as i expected and now I think the cable has been stretched a bit at the transducer and may have damaged it. Tried various settings and positions with no reward so far. I would
like to reposition it but don't want to drill any more holes in the transom and would probably try the borrowed one as an in hull to see if its position related too. Haven't tried a factory reset cause worried it will wipe my fuel curve data and I rely on that as the tank gauge isn't accurate enough. Any tips on the sounder settings would be appreciated if someone has an 8084.

snatchy
04-02-2016, 06:15 PM
I have one of those in the cupboard, but I'm in Nth QLD. And the cable doesn't have a plug on it. Probably not that useful to you!! It is how I got it 2nd hand with some other gear, and I have not tested it but did work apparently.....

From what I read on THT, you can do much better with an airmar transducer than the one you have.