PDA

View Full Version : Cost to reinforce tinny any idea's?

gazza2006au
29-01-2016, 06:31 PM
OK so the last two times out on my boat the water has been very choppy just the other day i was caught out in around 1m of chop/waves the tinny was going thru it with the odd slap and i remembered people on Aus Fish saying i needed more ribs in my tinny so i was packing it wondering if that day was the day the tinny would fold in half and leave us swimming for dear life

the tinny didn't fold in half but it was playing on my mind what people were saying...

i found a marine aluminum boat repairer and have sent off pictures awaiting a reply

how much do u guys think it would cost to add the ribs or what would be a reasonable price? do u think it would be possible to remove my front and rear seat completely than have a full plywood or aluminium floor with pedestal seats something like this pictured

minus the wide i think gunnels? not sure if that's correctly named

gazza2006au
29-01-2016, 06:33 PM
minus the garbage

Crocodile
29-01-2016, 07:39 PM
Hello gazza,

No need for extra frames, just slow down a bit.
Tinnies usually split along the keel first if they are driven too hard.
Usually the crew gives up before the boat.

rtp1984
29-01-2016, 08:16 PM
The seats are probably the most structual part of you tinnie. I really would touch them.
I also think ( I ma be wrong too). That little tinnies like these need to move and flex a bit. If you stiffen them up to much, they will probably start to crack.

Thanks
Rob