PDA

View Full Version : Stolen boat

hundgie
09-01-2016, 09:22 PM
Hi all... Please can you share my mates info below... If we can get this around on facebook we may have a chance...please note the boats decals have been removed.

Cheers

Boat STOLEN last night from Kingscliff, NSW. Quintrex 475 Legend name WOLFPAK, rego IAR754N, with 60 HP 4-stroke Yamaha on a Dunbier Trailer. Please help me find these bastards.........

DaveR
09-01-2016, 11:36 PM
Scum.

Did they break through any sort of security like a wheel clamp or hitch lock?

mitc69
10-01-2016, 06:36 AM
sorrie for your lost bud, but stolen recovery are very slim, if not insuranced then it get harder, but leaving it to police normally end up in a dead end... mate of mine got her boat stolen at palm cove once, turn out to be her EX.... we found it with the help of traffic cam. i suggest you do the same... well im in QLD we'll keep an eye out on it... hopefully there silly enough to take the motor into service

hundgie
11-01-2016, 12:18 PM
Only had a pad lock on it...it was stolen from Storage King at Kingscliff

robsue
11-01-2016, 01:30 PM
wouldn't storage king have security cameras there to find culprit....that's why you pay storage fees in my opinion

mitc69
11-01-2016, 02:40 PM
sadly theses so call security at all these storage place doesnt work, neither do they hold any responsibility when something is stolen, cuz all they proved is a space for you to store your thing at your own risk.. the only true security your ever gonna get is dry stack at a marine, this is why all storage place request that you have your own insurance on them... it another easy way for insurance fraud, which they havent seem to catch up yet lol

beerhunter
11-01-2016, 04:11 PM
True my outbound was stolen from chinderah storage near kingscliff they didn't give a crap so much so i thought they were involved.

littlejim
11-01-2016, 05:15 PM
True my outbound was stolen from chinderah storage near kingscliff they didn't give a crap so much so i thought they were involved.
I agree with you, much more likely to be an inside job than somebody getting in and pinching it.

mitc69
11-01-2016, 06:39 PM
well every outboard is suppose to be fitted with bolt lock when fitted, if you havent got one on yours then i suggest u go back and get one, most of them are the replacement bolt used to hold the motor from transom.. otherwise outboard lock will help kinda, but the bottom line is if they want it, nothing a bolt cutter, drill or grinder cant do.. but i agreed, every stolen boat/motor is ALWAYS a inside job or someone who storage there stuff there too,