PDA

View Full Version : Two Maintenance Questions for all of you

blairv70
07-01-2016, 05:30 AM
Guys

I noticed yesterday the stitching in my canopy is coming away - should be easy enough to fix if you are hady with a needle but has anyone got ideas about what thread (black) to use? Is there something specific to the marine environment that can be used for this?

Second one: The little lock bar on the ratchet on the trailer winch has fallen out so I cannot wind the bloody boat onto the trailer with the 5:1 ratio! I jammed a screw there yesterday but are these a part you can buy?

Cheers

Blair

Noelm
07-01-2016, 06:03 AM
Canopy is probably better fixed by a canvas repair type of place, some better brands of winch have parts, try a decent boat shop (not BCF) but look for a brand first.

PatricsOnTheCoast
07-01-2016, 06:14 AM
On the old tinnie, I found 30lb braid to work really well. I'm not that handy with a needle so she was plenty ugly but did the job. I would take it to a canvas repairer if I could do it again.

mmmouse
07-01-2016, 06:50 AM
Tried to repair my canopy with a needle and thread, was going ok until I found all the stitching was rotten not just the small section that came apart. For $100 local auto trimmer restitched the lot and made some adjustments as well.