PDA

View Full Version : Click LED Bat Light

smokin joe
04-01-2016, 05:17 PM
Just bought a bunnings bat light thinking it would be ideal at night on boat,slips perfectly under bimini and only needs one panel to light whole boat.Perfect solution I thought but,took 1.5 days to get full charge on 240V which lasted about 3 to 4 hours ,day 2 charged all day on 12V and lasted under 1hour.It also got pretty hot under charge,dont trust it now and will be returning it,anyone else tried one. cheers Andy

gazza2006au
06-01-2016, 05:29 PM
for anyone wondering Joe's torch is linked below, Joe i think those kind of lights come with non rechargeable battery's so by charging the batteries u probably burnt them out, u need special Ni-mh battery's that can be recharged

btw how good did the light work? i seen these around 3 months ago in the electrical section at my local bunnings thought it would be great for side hull lighting

http://www.bunnings.com.au/light-cabinet-led-arlec-9led-sil-bat-op-sensor-uc0122_p7071121

gazza2006au
06-01-2016, 05:30 PM
that is a led bat light not sure if its the right one?

smokin joe
07-01-2016, 04:45 PM
not the right one Gazza doesn't look anything like a bat. will try and post it when I work out how,sorry

Luc
07-01-2016, 05:45 PM
This is the light he's talking about.

http://www.bunnings.com.au/whats-new/click-batlight

Noelm
08-01-2016, 05:30 AM
Why not just buy a proper marine LED deck light and be done with it?

gazza2006au
10-01-2016, 09:37 AM
Ah thanks Luc i searched bunnings web site for "bat light" ;)

Noel what LED deck light would u go for? im looking for a couple now if cheap to fit to my tinny but mostly need low power draw

Dan5
10-01-2016, 09:46 AM
Ah thanks Luc i searched bunnings web site for "bat light" ;)

Noel what LED deck light would u go for? im looking for a couple now if cheap to fit to my tinny but mostly need low power draw

I bought some Narva all white trailer running lights and fitted them where I needed them they throw a good spray white light........some LED's are very focused into a beam and aren't really that usefull.........I don't know their power draw but it would be minimal i'd expect....they are fully sealed and have been in for 12 months with no issues unlike my cheap "Eastern" brand led nav lights which got water in them almost immediately and stopped working soon after.

Andy56
10-01-2016, 03:29 PM
Hahaha the wonders of globalism. Guys , anything of this sort is going to be crap. They are the dregs of the electronics world. The only things that will stand up to any form of intended use are the snake lights or proper LED spots. If it looks flimsy , IT IS. Probably made in some back alley in china or india. Bunnings et all just love this shit because its got good margin and punter ignorance. "Oh holy shit. LEDs, new technology, must be good."
Vote with your feet, dont buy this shit.
Dolphin torches were amazing bits of kit until they subbied out to china. Were not worth a shit afterwoods with the inferior metal contacts. The little metal can torches with LEDs are good but the AAA batteries are disposable.
There are good products around but If it looks flimsy or vague on specs, move on.
You spend thousands on a boat and then buy the cheapest shit going and wonder why it doesnt last or perform to expectations. Use the same research skills you honed buying the boat.8-)
I too opened my wallet and became a frustrated buyer of light