PDA

View Full Version : Buying a Noosacat need help.

creat
30-12-2015, 03:51 PM
Ok so the good news is I've found this nice Noosacat on ebay for a bit over 50 large.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Noosacat-Sharkcat-800-on-trailer-and-international-acco-4x4-Truck-/151929351226?hash=item235fb1ec3a:g:Q6gAAOSwSdZWch-8

The bad news is, the only way I am going to be able to afford such a mighty rig is if I win the lotto.

Luckily there is a 30mill super draw coming this Saturday.

So post your 6 lucky numbers and with any luck come Monday I will be the official new owner of this beast of a ship.

Almako
30-12-2015, 06:35 PM
Seems like a great price.

TREVELLY
30-12-2015, 07:30 PM
What an awesome outfit $55k boat/motors and trailer including $30k of electronics - sensational buy for the right person

ShaneC
30-12-2015, 08:41 PM
I saw this boat yesterday. It was moored up in the Brissie River off Kingsford Smith Drive before the turn off to the Valley. Dead giveaway was the blue drum up the front. Would be a great doer upperer for the right person but she needs some work. Shes rough....

Still_Dreamin
30-12-2015, 08:46 PM
Awesome price? EBay? Alarm bells anyone? I like his way of deterring tyre kickers. Might borrow that approach if I ever sell my boat

Moejoes
30-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Awesome price? EBay? Alarm bells anyone? I like his way of deterring tyre kickers. Might borrow that approach if I ever sell my boat

Would you even consider that if you won 30 mil?

I bought a 32 ft Searay out of Jacobs Well about 8 years ago and the terms where cash only, not even a bank cheque.
Thought a little strange as they also wanted me to sign a sea trial agreement that I was happy with it.
Me being a little naïve & wanted the boat, went ahead with the purchase.
Done the deal headed out of Jacobs Well northbound, opened up the throttles and after about what felt like 2 mins noticed a burning smell.
Looked down & saw that the port motor was overheating!!!!!
Shut it down looked at the intakes and everything seemed fine. Could cruise at 8 odd knots but as soon as I got up on the plain she would overheat.
Turned out to be a $30 thermostat looking housing on the water pick up on the leg that snapped off, stopping water pick up when the boat was on the plain.
What annoyed me most was that these people allowed me to go to sea knowing that I would blow a motor, hence the cash only terms and the signed seatrial form.
I still remember his wife's facial expressions when we were doing trails up the canal. Obviously because I was about to blow one of their motors as I wasn't watching the temp gauges like they were.
Be wary of cash only adamant people out there for expensive items, as I now am.
In most cases ( not saying all ) there is always a reason for it.
Luckily it only cost me $30 and not $5k plus for a new motor.
Different story if you get it at a really good price and they disclose the problems tho.
My 2 bobs worth :dankk2:

Cheers Rob