PDA

View Full Version : What sort of discount at a Boat Show

Pedro14
27-12-2015, 11:42 AM
I am in the market for a new Yahama 80hp 4 stroke motor.

There are boat shows coming up in March and May at the Gold Coast which might suit me timing wise.

Just interested in what sort of discounts are usually offered.

Thanks
Pedro

scottar
27-12-2015, 01:34 PM
You never know Pedro. If you look at a particular Yamaha vendors website, the current advertised price is pretty much what a mate paid at the Brissie show earlier this year. If Yamaha themselves choose to run a promotion, then some discount may occur but unless this happens, there is generally enough competition in the marine industry to keep prices fairly well trimmed. Quite often it won't be in the form of money off - just a few inclusions as well.

Noelm
27-12-2015, 02:04 PM
As a general rule, most boat show prices are the same as you can get any day of the week.

Pedro14
27-12-2015, 03:56 PM
Thaniks for that.
I might just wait and annoy them with price checks up to Shows.

Spaniard_King
27-12-2015, 06:04 PM
If you talk to the right people you will get the right price ;D;D;D

Feral
28-12-2015, 06:46 AM
Boat show prices being no better (or worse) than normal seems to be a theme of posts from those who attend, the last couple of years.

seashawgal
29-12-2015, 12:09 AM
They don't seem that interested in putting much into selling a motor. I contacted a sales person recommended by a guy who got a new DF 140 suzuki for approx $12,000 incl gauges at a show. We had an email exchange and then when I mentioned financed he didn't contact me back. They must have people cueing up to buy motors cash.

Noelm
29-12-2015, 05:19 AM
In a way, lots of dealers prefer finance, they usually get a cut from the finance company, so adds a few extra dollars to their business, I don't think that was the reason they didn't get back to you, probably just bad customer service.