PDA

View Full Version : 2 stroke tillers

conco46
07-12-2015, 04:21 PM
Selling the jet ski soon goona get a tinny bout 4.2 size.
Iv hade a 30hp & 50hp 2strokes Tohatsu before and they were a great engine
But interested wat u guys think.
2stroke tillers
Wat brand do u think (new) 50hp-60hp
I dont want a 4 stoke cause i dont have far to travel and the electric will be used the most

Looking for a cheaper 1 with bottom grunt cheers

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Noelm
07-12-2015, 04:30 PM
Be a toss of the coin I reckon, look for the cheapest one, I am getting a 50 tiller steer now, and narrowed it down to a Honda or a Yamaha (I want a 4 stroke only) and the 7 year Honda warranty is pretty hard to beat, looked at 2 strokes first, but most of my use will be at idle crab trapping, so changed my mind and went 4 stroke instead.

conco46
07-12-2015, 05:02 PM
Be a toss of the coin I reckon, look for the cheapest one, I am getting a 50 tiller steer now, and narrowed it down to a Honda or a Yamaha (I want a 4 stroke only) and the 7 year Honda warranty is pretty hard to beat, looked at 2 strokes first, but most of my use will be at idle crab trapping, so changed my mind and went 4 stroke instead.
How much is the honda 50hp mate

juggernaut
07-12-2015, 05:05 PM
At a guess cheapest ones would be Tohatsu and Mercury I'd imagine. I was recently looking for a little 6hp for my inflatable tender and Mercury was cheaper than Tohatsu (I was surprised). I got neither and went for a Yami (but would also be happy with either of the others.)

scottar
07-12-2015, 06:32 PM
Mate of mine has recently traded a 50hp, 2 banger tiller. It was an exceptional motor apart from one thing that was a PITA - the position of the valve for the manual trim and tilt. It worked fine but couldn't really be accessed unless he was stopped. If you drive sitting on the port side this may not be an issue but we all drive sitting on the starboard side. If you can find one with electric trim and tilt though they are a great outboard.

conco46
07-12-2015, 06:43 PM
Mate of mine has recently traded a 50hp, 2 banger tiller. It was an exceptional motor apart from one thing that was a PITA - the position of the valve for the manual trim and tilt. It worked fine but couldn't really be accessed unless he was stopped. If you drive sitting on the port side this may not be an issue but we all drive sitting on the starboard side. If you can find one with electric trim and tilt though they are a great outboard.
Wat brand are u talking about scottar

scottar
07-12-2015, 07:55 PM
LOL. Missed that - was a Yamaha.

robothefisho
07-12-2015, 08:42 PM
Yamaha would be the pick for a tinny. Smoothest, quietest, best resale.
Tohatsu/merc bulletproof, but a bit rougher at idle and a bit noisey.