PDA

View Full Version : Skinners Park Boat Ramp

castlemaine
04-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Hi All

Just seeking some advise.

I had a look at Skinners Park during the week, would I be better off at the Carbrook Boat Ramp for trailer and car safety. I usually like to fish during the week and Skinners looked very isolated.

Cheers
Ivan

zan0_15
04-12-2015, 06:46 PM
I used to go for a fish down at skinners off the pontoon for sharks when i lived in brissy. I definately wouldnt be leaving my car and trailer there overnight, id even be hesitant about weekday trips due to the ramps isolation but i can be pretty parnoid about that stuff, cant trust people these days unfortunately.

I cant comment on the carbrook ramp sorry.

Hopefully someone who fishes the area can pass on some more info for you.

Cheers,
Zane.

creat
04-12-2015, 07:23 PM
Didn't they find a body somewhere near there once.

gr hilly
04-12-2015, 07:52 PM
I live close by,it costs $10 at car brook but when you get back to the ramp your trailer and car are still there Skinners well its a pig in a poke mate,shame really as there are a few good spots to fish heading out to the markers and a great due spot to if you can pick up a live Mullet but its not to far to run back better safe than sorry.cheers G.R.Hilly.

castlemaine
05-12-2015, 12:22 PM
Didn't they find a body somewhere near there once.[/QUOT

You never know what flows down from the Upper Reaches ... Deliverance comes to mind, LOL. Saw a whole washing machine floating down once with it's lid open.

[QUOTE=gr hilly;1604757]I live close by,it costs $10 at car brook but when you get back to the ramp your trailer and car are still there Skinners well its a pig in a poke mate,shame really as there are a few good spots to fish heading out to the markers and a great due spot to if you can pick up a live Mullet but its not to far to run back better safe than sorry.cheers G.R.Hilly.

Haven't used it in years but I'm looking for a few spots out of the wind, the way the weather is lately. Pity Lagoon Island area is a Green Zone.

I used to go for a fish down at skinners off the pontoon for sharks when i lived in brissy. I definately wouldnt be leaving my car and trailer there overnight, id even be hesitant about weekday trips due to the ramps isolation but i can be pretty parnoid about that stuff, cant trust people these days unfortunately.

I cant comment on the carbrook ramp sorry.

Hopefully someone who fishes the area can pass on some more info for you.

Cheers,
Zane.

Thanks, Zane. I think I'll stay clear of Skinners.

Cheers Guys,
​Ivan

Moonlighter
05-12-2015, 03:35 PM
Hi Ivan

we always use Carbrook. Too many light fingers visit Skinners Park.

Cheers

rayken1938
05-12-2015, 05:12 PM
The police do patrol it quite often see them come out of there early ( 4 Am) when i go past through the week.
Cheers
Ray