PDA

View Full Version : Honda outboards

conco46
06-11-2015, 05:16 PM
Anyone got advice or links on true stats on hondas new 150hp and 200hp?

Can u truly belive the stats they tell us these days?
7yrs warranty with honda, do u think warranty really cover u these days, i find wen u make a warranty clam with anything lately they just blame it back on us.

I like wat i hear with the hondas and I see quite a few pro fishos buying them lately witch is a good sign

Anyone hear have a honda in the last 2 yrs
Wats ya thoughts

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

rosco1974
06-11-2015, 05:28 PM
shane c on here just put a couple of new ones on this year on his cat in that size maybe ask him how his are going...

conco46
06-11-2015, 05:33 PM
Is ther a site for ouboard prices?

Noelm
07-11-2015, 05:36 AM
You never hear much about Honda, simply because they just go, no fuss no trumpet blowing, the warranty is (as far as I know) a full warranty, depending on HP, a Honda would be top of my shopping list.

Noelm
07-11-2015, 05:39 AM
OH, and on the prices, as a general rule, you will only find full recommended retail price, most dealers will not give prices over the phone or on the 'net, unless there is some sort of special deal going, a trip to the shop is required to get a proper quote, and make sure the price includes everything needed.

ovakil
07-11-2015, 08:27 AM
I went to a shop up here (Yamaha). Salesman just gave me a list price & told me to ring other guy during the week.

conco46
07-11-2015, 08:54 AM
I went to a shop up here (Yamaha). Salesman just gave me a list price & told me to ring other guy during the week.
Wat do u mean ring other guy?

WalFish
08-11-2015, 06:33 PM
I have a 135hp 2009 model on my Formosa Tomahawk 580 Half-Cab and love it. I am away often, and when I say away I am talking 6 months. As long as the C-TEK is keeping the batteries fresh she starts first turn of the key. My only regret is that I didn't go with the 150hp. Fuel economy is awesome, nice and quiet, and no troubles at all with 350 hours boating. A work mate has recently had a new 100hp fitted to an old Pride and has gone from a $60 fuel bill to $18 for his day out on the water. As written earlier in this thread - they just keep ticking like a nice watch.

conco46
08-11-2015, 06:39 PM
I have a 135hp 2009 model on my Formosa Tomahawk 580 Half-Cab and love it. I am away often, and when I say away I am talking 6 months. As long as the C-TEK is keeping the batteries fresh she starts first turn of the key. My only regret is that I didn't go with the 150hp. Fuel economy is awesome, nice and quiet, and no troubles at all with 350 hours boating. A work mate has recently had a new 100hp fitted to an old Pride and has gone from a $60 fuel bill to $18 for his day out on the water. As written earlier in this thread - they just keep ticking like a nice watch.
Wats ur top speed. I was thinking same boat

ovakil
09-11-2015, 06:19 PM
Wat do u mean ring other guy?

Another salesman from same place.

Spaniard_King
09-11-2015, 07:29 PM
I Sell and Service Honda outboards Conco, What would you like to know?

conco46
09-11-2015, 07:35 PM
I Sell and Service Honda outboards Conco, What would you like to know?
Iv been a yamaha man all me life dirt bikes road bike and also my jet ski.
So im looking for a non byest opinion from others.
I like to buy once if u know wat i mean
Not buy then regret

Im getting my Comercial fishing license next financial year so i want my new setup to be able to handle big hrs and last a good 10yrs (witch all the top brands should)

Iv been a bit put off by the new yammies so looking hard at suzies n hondas

Spaniard_King
09-11-2015, 08:08 PM
All the Big brands you mentioned will do the job. I guess with the current Honda deal of 7 year warranty is a great draw card for us and piece of mind for a new owner. The Honda warranty is as good on the first day as is the last, it does not reduce as in some of the other brands.

I can put you in phone contact with as many commercial operators as you want to talk who run Honda's, The best so far I have seen is 12400hrs on a 2008 model 75hp used by sanctuary cover security. Don't think I would rely on that engine offshore tho.

Aussie123
09-11-2015, 08:32 PM
My mate fitted 2 x 150hp Hondas to his boat a few months ago and they were purchased and fitted through Garry, aka Spaniard King and so far they have been great.The fuel economy seems to be around 20-30% better than the Yammies that were removed from the boat but because every trip is different its hard to get exact numbers, especially on the long range fishing trips that we do.We still have some work to do to get them setup correctly with the props but after every tweak they just get better.Out trip last week seen us second guessing how much fuel we needed to carry as they are so economical once up on the plane and running.I think once we get things sorted we will be carrying 100 litres less fuel on the deck for the same trip which will only give us even better economy with the less weight on the boat.

chuss
09-11-2015, 10:25 PM
Ive ordered a 200hp honda. Warranty for last 2 years applies as long as its serviced through a honda dealer/service centre apparently.

Volvo
10-11-2015, 05:23 AM
Wont look back with Honda!!..my first Honda n luv it..

Noelm
10-11-2015, 05:25 AM
Not too sure about that, I am currently looking at a 50 tiller steer, and it appears the warranty is a full 7 years, not some silly 3 plus 3 or other marketing hype, I think Yamaha has now got 4 years, but no one is close to the standard set by Honda. Not too sure why, but people with Hondas just go fishing without letting everyone know how their motor has got 70 hours and no problems, like it is some sort of achievement! Just getting slightly off topic, I personally think if Honda had a bigger dealer network, put a truck load of money into advertising like everyone else, they would take a very big slice of the market.

Lovey80
10-11-2015, 06:23 AM
Out of curiosity. What are all the weights of all the brands in the 150hp range and what are the displacements/#cylinders?

hookinin
10-11-2015, 06:45 AM
Just sold my plate boat with twin Honda 90's a couple of months ago. The motors were 1997 models,18years old.

beerhunter
10-11-2015, 08:49 AM
I was a honda car mechanic for a number of years theres no doubt they are a brilliant engine. I believe some of the bigger outboards are the same engines as in the cars.
Does anyone know if thats correct?

sent from the beerhunter

Spaniard_King
10-11-2015, 09:11 AM
I was a honda car mechanic for a number of years theres no doubt they are a brilliant engine. I believe some of the bigger outboards are the same engines as in the cars.
Does anyone know if thats correct?

sent from the beerhunter
They are certainly not the same car engines that are driving around but you can bet that some of the components and definitely the technology comes from their Automotive R&D

ozynorts
10-11-2015, 09:12 AM
Out of curiosity. What are all the weights of all the brands in the 150hp range and what are the displacements/#cylinders?
http://marine.honda.com.au/High_Horsepower/BF150_150hp_Outboard
http://www.yamaha-motor.com.au/products/marine-outboard/4-stroke-hi-power/15-f150b
http://suzukimarine.com.au/outboards/high-performance/product/df150
https://www.mercurymarine.com/en-gb/au/engines/outboard/fourstroke/150-hp/#specifications
http://www.evinrude.com/en-au/engines/etec_v6/etec_150_v6

ozynorts
10-11-2015, 09:14 AM
They are certainly not the same car engines that are driving around but you can bet that some of the components and definitely the technology comes from their Automotive R&D

Excerpt from the Honda 150hp page.
"The BF150 features Variable Valve Timing and Lift Electronic Control (VTEC™) initially developed for Honda's high-performance sportscars."