PDA

View Full Version : Guided Trip

MattRC
06-11-2015, 07:03 AM
G,day all. Planning on doing a Guided Trip up North next year. Would mainly like to concentrate on light sportfishing such as chucking plastics, lures etc at Pelagics.

Any recommendations for an outfitter would be much appreciated. Good, bad experiences?

Thanks
Matt

Funchy
06-11-2015, 07:43 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=North+Queensland+fishing+guides

;D:P;D;D:LOL:

MattRC
06-11-2015, 07:56 AM
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=North+Queensland+fishing+guides

;D:P;D;D:LOL:

Has to be one in every group. Was asking for people experience from here but hey, thanks for the free Google lesson.::)

Moffy
06-11-2015, 12:15 PM
What time of year?

My pick would be to hit Weipa in May - the bait balls should be out the front by then and you will have a ball pulling Pelagics off them and if you get sick of that (or the weather doesn't play ball) there's plenty of other options to get a hold of a lot of different fish. Jigging the leads, chasing Barra, fingermark etc).

couple of guides up there to choose from - though have never used any of them myself. If Fish is still operating you wouldn't go wrong with him though!

MattRC
06-11-2015, 01:38 PM
What time of year?

My pick would be to hit Weipa in May - the bait balls should be out the front by then and you will have a ball pulling Pelagics off them and if you get sick of that (or the weather doesn't play ball) there's plenty of other options to get a hold of a lot of different fish. Jigging the leads, chasing Barra, fingermark etc).

couple of guides up there to choose from - though have never used any of them myself. If Fish is still operating you wouldn't go wrong with him though!Thanks mate. Actually Spoke to The operators of the Charters out of Tackle World Weipa today. Quoted around $2700 for 5 days fishing, accommodation, food etc not including flights. This was for October which they said would be a good time as well. Unfortunately May wont be an option.

Daintreeboy
10-11-2015, 03:23 AM
Come with us on our trip coming up soon mate! Still have one spot!

MattRC
10-11-2015, 05:44 AM
Come with us on our trip coming up soon mate! Still have one spot!Thanks for the generous offer mate but really have to wait till next year. Where you heading?

Daintreeboy
10-11-2015, 06:54 AM
Coral sea mate. Flinders.

MattRC
10-11-2015, 07:33 AM
Very nice. When you going?

Daintreeboy
10-11-2015, 08:02 AM
End of this month mate. Not long now.

MattRC
10-11-2015, 08:32 AM
End of this month mate. Not long now.