PDA

View Full Version : Motor Service prices??

FINICKY
22-10-2015, 05:39 PM
Hi all, just wondering what the going rate is these days for outboard services. I've just put in my 12 month old 150HP 4 strike Mercury and am wondering how much to expect for its first 12 monthly service.
Please reply with prices and you've paid for your services and where you had it serviced. Also make of motor and size too. Might help others out in the same situation. Keep the mechanics honest.

PixieAU
22-10-2015, 05:44 PM
Hi all, just wondering what the going rate is these days for outboard services. I've just put in my 12 month old 150HP 4 strike Mercury and am wondering how much to expect for its first 12 monthly service.
Please reply with prices and you've paid for your services and where you had it serviced. Also make of motor and size too. Might help others out in the same situation. Keep the mechanics honest.
Is it fair to say that the honest mechanics are already honest and the others never will be?

FINICKY
22-10-2015, 05:51 PM
That is a fair comment. This is a good chance to give the honest mechanics a plug and those using the dishonest mechanics can see what they are missing out on and give the honest guys more business rather than going back to the dishonest guy because we don't know any better.

rtp1984
22-10-2015, 05:58 PM
Yammy 115 4s.
About $650 at Brisbane yamaha.

skifalls
22-10-2015, 06:58 PM
115HO Evinrude 2012, 600 ish at Southside Marine services VIC, including trailer safety check and trailer bearing grease

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gunna
22-10-2015, 07:20 PM
I use this mobile bloke and pay just under $300 and that includes parts - Suzuki 60.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php/202757-Excellent-Service?highlight=buderim

scottar
22-10-2015, 07:30 PM
That is a fair comment. This is a good chance to give the honest mechanics a plug and those using the dishonest mechanics can see what they are missing out on and give the honest guys more business rather than going back to the dishonest guy because we don't know any better.

So cheap = honest ?. Even if the service is possibly sub par and jeopardises warranty or the guy is mobile and doesn't have the expenses of insuring and maintaining a place of business.

Dantren
22-10-2015, 07:42 PM
If you want great service at a fair price.......
motorsportmarine.com.au
Located at burpengary - 100m past Brisbane Yamaha
115 four stoke annual service normally comes in around $500. That includes lube & check on the trailer too.
Don't quote me.....ring them for a quote.
These guys are the best I've used in over two decades of boat servicing.
https://www.facebook.com/MotorSport-Marine-Pty-Ltd-172190332884254/

barney1979
22-10-2015, 10:09 PM
I also have 150 merc 4 stroke, I've never paid over $500 for any service so far. Get mine done at brisbane marine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dogg15
24-10-2015, 12:24 AM
Why not ask the guys you've got doing the service how much it's going to cost.

Spaniard_King
24-10-2015, 12:00 PM
So let us know how you went? Did you take it back to the dealer you bought it off? if not why not?

outta line
24-10-2015, 01:35 PM
I know I will never be returning to a certain Suzuki dealer on the north side after a bad dealing with them

outta line
24-10-2015, 01:38 PM
Garry... Spanird King is the man you want to talk too

Te Whiti
24-10-2015, 01:48 PM
I agree with Mick here, I used to take my twin 140 Suzuki's to a dealer on the northside, did a few services with them until a new friend of mind suggested we do the service ourselves (He had performed many services previously on his own 140 Suzuki's) What we discovered when doing it would blow your mind. The oil coolers had not only never been replaced/cleaned/serviced over the years but had so much deterioration/decay/salt formation in it that I am now surprised we used to get home. We then looked at the invoices and yep, I'd been smacked for it. A friend of mine had the same experience with them but had the nouse to take the oil coolers in, show the shop owner how filthy they were and ask what the story was.... Anyway, this is not meant to be a bag-out post, I just saw Mick's post and it struck a chord with my experiences.

To answer the initial question though, I used to pay $500/$600 per motor for a standard service.

Cheers.

SHOOTER1
24-10-2015, 09:16 PM
What was the response when he showed the dealer the obviously un serviced coolers? have heard of issues with coolers on Suzis.

FINICKY
24-10-2015, 10:39 PM
So let us know how you went? Did you take it back to the dealer you bought it off? if not why not?

I took it back to the dealer I bought it from as they offer an extended warranty if they do the servicing. I was happy with the service and expertise. The mechanic even found water leaking from around the oil sump plug when the engine was running which Mercury are aware of but say it's not covered under warranty as it doesn't affect the running of the engine. The mechanics replaced the seals out of good will as Mercury say it's up to the customer to pay for the replacement. The dealer had an offer going for the month of October for free engine oil so all up for the first 12 month service was $655 not including oil which was a bit annoying as most reports seem to be around the $500 mark. But as pointed out earlier, cheaper doesn't mean better. At least I have peace of mind knowing they gave it a good going over to find and fix the water leak and gave me some advice on other general maintenance. It was serviced at Springwood Marine and I would recommend them to others.

outta line
25-10-2015, 05:36 AM
john at bay side marine is also a good honest suzuki dealer