PDA

View Full Version : wellington point king island

mitc69
13-10-2015, 07:40 AM
hi guys, first time going to wellington point in my 2yrs of been in brissy.. i took the family out to the area for fun, u no checking to see what so great about it, the mates talks about it, been the best ramp gettin out and faster then cleveland ramp... i got there during half time high tide.. first thing caught my attention is 4 guys running toward an island in the distance only to find out what it called later... just curious.. those with exp... doesnt that island get swallow up as high tide come? can u even get anything there beside the small live bait and whatnot?

TroyVIS
14-10-2015, 02:07 PM
Hi Mitc69,

We haven't fished there much but on occasion take the kids there, we have caught a few small dart and a 40cm Seapike, made my daughters day!

The island doesn't get covered at high tide but the sand strip leading out to it does.

mitc69
19-10-2015, 08:02 AM
sweet, kids on Staff professional development days today so no school today, and not too sunny today.. i give it go and takes the kids out lol.. gota try everything first time :).. all free free to get trap with us lol

Triple
19-10-2015, 08:30 AM
Watch the tides if you walk out to the island.. Tide covers that bank quite quickly and it's a bit of a walk back carrying kids and gear in waist deep water ;)

mitc69
26-10-2015, 04:39 AM
well went there... caught one too many small snappers for the kids to play with i guess.. altho we were more happy seeing dolphins swim by.. too bad there didnt stop by.. otherwise seem fishes dont like live whiting as bait lol... not even a flathead lol