PDA

View Full Version : Shakeout run.....you gotta laugh....

drpete
01-10-2015, 12:07 PM
So I had the carbys on my Yammy F100 pulled down, soaked, and sonic cleaned last week.
I also had some new plug leads made up and fitted. Weather was pretty crappy so I put in at Bulimba on Sunday and went fro a belt round to the Botanic Gardens just to shake her down.
Runs perfectly the whole way, get back to the ramp, pull her to neutral, and she trys to shake herself apart.
Lucky to make the pontoon. I figure a plug lead's come off but that's not it.
I take her back to the dealer on Monday and the mechanic pulls the cowl off, looks embarrased, then reverses the carby linkage (on upside down and popped out of the connector).
So three carbys slammed shut, and ONE was trying to run it :)
Oh well, I work with mechanics and I've seen a lot worse. Happy to get away with the cheap/free fix and call that a win.
Petey

Moonlighter
01-10-2015, 02:50 PM
Nasty.

Not quite as bad as my effort many years ago - took boat to now closed Leisure Marine at Capalaba. Tune up and service and carby clean/service on the Johnno 25.

Next trip down towards the pin started out ok but motor ran progressively worse until it wouldn't.

Took the cowl off to have a look and clunk, the carby fell into the engine pan. Some dipstick mechanic had finger tightened the nuts holding it on and forgot to put a spanner on there.

odieman150
03-10-2015, 05:49 AM
You gotta love it when the experts( x(an unknown quantity)spurts(a drip under pressure) make mistakes it makes me feel better about my limited abilities [emoji3][emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

airlock
03-10-2015, 08:39 AM
back when i was a new rider i took my very first motorcycle in to have a service and the break pads changed, left the garage and ran right through a red light. Turns out someone forgot to fit one of the front pads and no one picked it up. Me thinks the apprentice was given that one. :(

FNQCairns
03-10-2015, 09:45 AM
Makes a mockery of my 80km round trip new season shake down to the reef in the tub 6 weeks ago...everything went pretty close to perfect :)

Well except for the quick missed heartbeat from a dead motor when the start in gear lockout was engaged 'only just' on that most important last start to head home.

Had a few fairly average shake downs in the past though.