View Full Version : GT guide / charter phuket thailand

marcusfish
29-09-2015, 09:50 PM
Hey all
im headed over to phuket next week
just wondering if anyone knows of any good GT fishing guides or charters

fishtragic
30-09-2015, 10:16 PM
Hi Marcus, I don't know about GT's but many years ago I was there and went on a charter on the west coast. It was an old 60' canoe stern timber launch similar to old school trawler with an Aussie skipper. We only got a couple of Spanish for the day but there were literally dozens of sailfish finning around us. The bite just wasn't on that day but it would be worth looking into. Sorry it's too long ago to have a name for you but being able to see 12 or 14 sailfish sunning themselves within 500m of the boat at one time would have me going back there if I had the chance.
Mark

fishtragic
30-09-2015, 10:29 PM
Sorry Marcus make that the East coast.

Lancair
01-10-2015, 07:47 AM
I went on a charter a few years back. We only caught little skipjack on the troll and some small reef fish at anchor. EVERYTHING caught was kept!
Personally I wouldnt go back to Thailand for the fishing at all. But I'll go back in a heartbeat for the food etc of Phuket
;)

marcusfish
01-10-2015, 08:49 AM
Thanks guys. I have a dvd from the people that make those raider lures with great gt fishing off phuket

Red October
01-10-2015, 11:42 AM
Suggest you contact the guys who run 7 Seasproshop in Bangkok as they organise a lot of charters and know the best people to use in Phuket. They have a website and speak English OK.

marcusfish
05-10-2015, 09:02 AM
Cheers red. One place quoted me 69000 bart on the boat real hooker. Thats a couple of grand ausie dollars. Perhaps i lugged my gear to phuket not to be used?
Ill keep trying. Perhaps a traditional boat can drop me off on an island

chris69
05-10-2015, 10:01 AM
Try the fish ponds they have a few big critters in them.

Lancair
06-10-2015, 06:52 AM
Yeah I should have said there is great fishing to be had, but it costs a bomb and is more than a day trip from Phuket. A trip to the Andaman Islands would be the go!!

Anything close to land is fished out!