PDA

View Full Version : Pippy's where are they

tropicrows
11-09-2015, 08:50 AM
Has anybody body had any success in finding pippy's down on the gold coast beaches, or even a bit further south. Tried buying some but only found one shop selling them and they were quite expensive. [emoji50]

SCOTTYGC
11-09-2015, 09:50 AM
we got some on the beach south of Ballina a few weeks ago

the bream loved them

cheers

tropicrows
11-09-2015, 07:01 PM
Anybody around the gold coast know.

alleycat
12-09-2015, 05:25 PM
At times they are thick on the gold coast, when you get a few get a screw lid plastic container and shell the pipis into it and add a fair amount of salt and keep in the fridge, they toughen up and last years like this..

Scalem
16-09-2015, 05:46 AM
At times they are thick on the gold coast, when you get a few get a screw lid plastic container and shell the pipis into it and add a fair amount of salt and keep in the fridge, they toughen up and last years like this..
Specifically where? I would take a run down for a light surf fish myself if I knew where to get them. Summer is upon us and standing on the beach barefoot and feeling for them with your toes, crack them on the alvey side plate is an under rated style of fishing.

Scalem

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

robtarr
16-09-2015, 08:49 AM
Plenty on the beach immediately north of Cabarita tropicrows - found them higher on the beach than you might expect - not big in size but plentiful and more mid tide than low water. Don't bother looking south of the headland - I've wasted hours of good fishing time there already - but definitely go there to fish - some great water and good fishing between the surfies just south of the headland for the usual suspects. Also plenty of big pippis on northern end of Tallow Beach - about 3/4 of the way up between Broken Head and Cape Byron if you want to travel a bit further with good fishing on high tide there also.

Couldn't agree more Scalem - even though I have a boat, beach fishing this is still my favourite way to kick back and relax. We should definitely organise a day.

cheers Rob

The Black Unicorn
18-09-2015, 05:21 PM
I,d be careful removing them from beaches in NSW. Not allowed to take them more than 50m above the high tide mark. Don't know if QLD is the same.

robtarr
21-09-2015, 05:16 PM
Not removing them....more fun converting them into bream

The Black Unicorn
22-09-2015, 07:39 AM
Not removing them....more fun converting them into bream

All good Rob was more aimed at Bruce as I think he wants to take them whiting fishing

MAHALO
22-09-2015, 04:17 PM
Hey just went down to THE SPIT with my grandson & there looks to be a few Pippy's around.

tropicrows
30-09-2015, 05:37 PM
Went down to the spit today chasings pippys.....got 3.

Shark Poker
30-09-2015, 05:49 PM
Great effort! Enjoy.

The Silver Unicorn
30-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Theres heaps off the goldy atm!