PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Ourboards

shakey55
10-09-2015, 08:42 PM
I'm in the market to replace my 1994 Johnson 60hp.

Anyone know where I can buy a good reconditioned 60, 70, 80, 90 hp in Sydney.

Or a good bargain on a near new one.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Noelm
11-09-2015, 06:44 AM
Be cautious of anything "reconditioned" the term is quite often misused, to some, reconditioned means a quick coat of paint and a tidy up, to others, a set of rings poorly installed is as good as a new motor, I would look for something near new and original, but like buying anything second hand, it's a lucky dip, call a few dealers and see what they have, most offer warranty, so that's some advantage over saving a few dollars and buying a possible dud....

Chimo
11-09-2015, 07:40 AM
The Marine Tech I use for my motors does have some of the stuff your looking for from time to time and could be worth at least talking to. PM me a mob no and I'll text you his details if you wish.

Cheers
Chimo

Chimo
17-09-2015, 02:44 PM
What are you trying to say?

No mate worry.

Clear your PM s box they are overfull and you cannot communicate until you empty it

gazza2006au
19-09-2015, 02:49 PM
have to agree with Noelm after my recent rebuild of my car engine, i done a full engine rebuild on a Nissan X-Trail altho not a marine product the engine reconditioner i used to supply parts said he'd be using the old piston sirclips in a new engine

i have never worked as a qualified mechanic so i hadnt seen what they use and reuse in the industry i was shocked

when i do a rebuild i use everything new maybe i'll reuse pistons if they are in top condition but reusing sirclips :o