PDA

View Full Version : Kite Festival Clontarf

kingcray
28-08-2015, 07:56 PM
Just a reminder the kite festival is on at Pelican Park Clontarf over the weekend.. therefore the ramp is closed until sunday arvo as far as i know.
Hey Greg.. will catch you there tomorrow flying your kite hey mate ;D

petelaska
29-08-2015, 06:28 AM
what about the next weekend? I think that there is a running thing on as well. Pete

kingcray
29-08-2015, 09:01 AM
Not sure Pete. Greg (seahorse) will know for sure :P

petelaska
29-08-2015, 09:48 AM
I will be going to Dohles ramp in the morning to chase a few summer whiting, there's a few around at the moment. Pete

kingcray
29-08-2015, 05:00 PM
good to know Pete. Some good tailor around too in the channels. Let us know how you go with the whiting

petelaska
30-08-2015, 02:54 PM
just got 2 whiting today, caught and released and a heap of bream just over 26 kept a couple for a feed And 1 flatty. may need to wait till the new moon pete

kingcray
04-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Triathlon at Clontarf over the weekend... so ramp will be closed again most of weekend most likely.

Bazzawookooka
04-09-2015, 04:26 PM
Maybe Council should build an "events" ramp / facility, so our ramps can actually be used for launching boats. :)

(NB: The smiley face is there so you know I'm not aggravated as I type this post, just bemused.)

Cheers, Steve.

Seahorse
04-09-2015, 08:31 PM
I finally got a call from council after i sent them an email about closing ramp 2 weeksends in a row.
A bloke called wayne rang me.
He said to use Scarb or Cabbage tree ramp.

He said that it only happens few times a year and I told him that was bullshit.

He then said that we should be greatful that we have the ramp for the rest of the year.

Appaently ramp is pwned by state gov and mantained by council.

He then told me that I should ring the state gov and complain.

So in other words he couldnt give a rats arse.

Hey Dean, mate of mine got good feed of whiting back out at Comp bouy. On monday arvo.

Might go and chase snapper and flathead on sunday. Prob put in at Margate, maybe.

cheers
greg