PDA

View Full Version : Boat ramp and safe parking on Broadwater's Gold Coast

redbeard
26-08-2015, 01:33 PM
G'Day All,

some friends have rented a house for the weekend on the Broadwater near Surfers paradise golf course (on Nerang River - Conifer Crescent). I thought it could be fun to drive the family in the boat to the house as it has a pontoon mooring out front. We will be driving down by car from Brisbane.

Does anyone know of a place nearby where launching and also parking the car for the weekend could work out ? It's our first trip to the Broadwater's . Ideally not more than 1-2 hours drive away by boat from the house.

thanks in advance

Jeremy
26-08-2015, 04:33 PM
There is a ramp at the Spit next to the Coast Guard and also a ramp at the Grand Hotel. I have never had a problem overnight at either of those ramps and never heard of any problems there either. You can pay for peace of mind at Rudy Maas but it is a bit further to go.

Rustness
26-08-2015, 11:11 PM
Parked at the grand boat ramp with no problems except not being able to get a park cause of cars with no trailers parked in the trailer parking.

redbeard
27-08-2015, 01:51 PM
thanks for that. any idea how long it would take about to get down to Broadbeach area ? looks to be a good long way form looking on a map. I've never cruised around that area on a boat, would be very keen to check it out but would imagine its a good few hours drive time by boat from The Spit to Broadbeach with the speed limits

Chimo
27-08-2015, 01:58 PM
Redbeard

One hour give or take.

Just launch the boat at Carrara Rd and your 10 minutes away from the rental house.. You will then have the car to get ULP from the servo and you won't risk losing you trailer etc.

Cheers
Chimo

PS On GE the ramp is between the boat wakes at the end of Carrara Rd off Broadbeach Nerang Rd.

redbeard
27-08-2015, 03:35 PM
that does sound like a good idea just up the river from where we will be staying. looking real forward to exploring this area as we haven't been there before lets hope the weather holds out for next weekend. thanks

Still_Dreamin
27-08-2015, 04:50 PM
Grand hotel ramp is exposed to wind which can make trailering a big boat difficult. Also lots of idiots on jetskis that don't understand 6kn near ramps. I gave up using the grand and use the ramp at Biggera Waters. Both a long way from broadbeach. 6kn zone at Seaworld to GC highway bridge and upstream past TSS as well. Reckon Chimo is on the money.