PDA

View Full Version : Fiberglass center console

conco46
16-08-2015, 06:58 PM
Thinking about getting a 18-20ft center console
Was looking at plate (formosa)
But was wondering would i get a new fiberglass 18-20ft center console for under $50k?
If so wat brands do u recommend?
Any links to websites or boatsales be helpful.

If i cant get wat i want i might go the centercab 5.8 formosa seems to be a great boat for the money.

Any advice?
Main use for offshore 2km-30km
& bay area of straddie n Moreton
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

scottar
16-08-2015, 07:08 PM
Hooker, Bonito, Galeforce, Signature - Brisbane boat show next month might be worth a look.

tropicrows
16-08-2015, 07:42 PM
If the ausie dollar was better you could get a new CC from the US. My new 2012 Key West 176BR 115hp Susie, on a alloy trailer with stainless brakes cost $23.5k Then I bought the electronics, trim tabs, stainless prop, and a few other bits. All up cost to my house $39k

Rodpal
16-08-2015, 07:46 PM
hey conco46

I have a 6.5m 175zuk offshore boat and absolutely love it

spent a lot of my youth in a 4.2m WB so upgrading to a 23deg dead-rise offshore boat was a millennium leap for me but an awesome journey

I have been looking around for a 2nd boat, something smaller but in the similar price range to you, ironically somehow settling as a compromise with the wife on a formosa bow-rider ?? at this stage hehe. which still serves a lot of my estree wants and needs

Formosa have priced me around 56k for a 5.6m ally plate bow-rider 140zuk, dual axle trailer with some small mods to customise it for us

I was also looking at Bluefin in a cc and brendale performance plate boats for a custom cc or bow rider however kept coming back to Formosa on build quality, price, layout and design

sounds an exciting time for you guys so hope you enjoy the journey

cheers
rod

koastal
16-08-2015, 08:35 PM
Word of warning
All boats look awesome on a trailer.
The sea sorts the good from the bad.

IMO aluminium for creeks and bays unless you have hydraulic knees.

Glass or cats for offshore
Keep in mind it only my opinion

Fish Face
16-08-2015, 08:59 PM
Bonito 560 by a mile. And you'll get change from 50k...FF

conco46
16-08-2015, 09:01 PM
hey conco46

I have a 6.5m 175zuk offshore boat and absolutely love it

spent a lot of my youth in a 4.2m WB so upgrading to a 23deg dead-rise offshore boat was a millennium leap for me but an awesome journey

I have been looking around for a 2nd boat, something smaller but in the similar price range to you, ironically somehow settling as a compromise with the wife on a formosa bow-rider ?? at this stage hehe. which still serves a lot of my estree wants and needs

Formosa have priced me around 56k for a 5.6m ally plate bow-rider 140zuk, dual axle trailer with some small mods to customise it for us

I was also looking at Bluefin in a cc and brendale performance plate boats for a custom cc or bow rider however kept coming back to Formosa on build quality, price, layout and design

sounds an exciting time for you guys so hope you enjoy the journey

cheers
rod
Yer if plate for price n build formosa allbthe way. Mate had 5.2 center console didnt slap, no vibration, 80% of his fishing was offshore. For a small plate it did real well with 15knt winds n swell

conco46
16-08-2015, 09:03 PM
Bonito 560 by a mile. And you'll get change from 50k...FF
I like the bonitos. But they look low sides. Wat are they like offshore? Got any pic vids or links
Cheers

Rodpal
16-08-2015, 09:32 PM
Yer if plate for price n build formosa allbthe way. Mate had 5.2 center console didnt slap, no vibration, 80% of his fishing was offshore. For a small plate it did real well with 15knt winds n swell

hey conco46

I cant help me self but i've spoken to a few Formosa boat owners at different servos over the past 12 months and they all seem pretty genuinely happy with their decision and choice

most say the same as you, go out in 10 -15 nts and come home in 15 - 20nts seems to be our fishing conditions (left or right of the sunrise)

the Formosa shape, lines, and reverse chines all just seems to look the goods as a package

cheers
rod

Fish Face
17-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Great off shore. Love the self draining deck..

www.bonitoboats.com.au (http://www.bonitoboats.com.au) or have a look at their instagram... bonitoboats...

lembo
19-08-2015, 09:00 PM
You might think this boat is a bit odd bit I would go for it if I had 50 grand and wanted a offshore centre console.
NQ borger cat, custom boat not a production boat. unreal ride, great stability, tons and tons of room. extremely well built too.if you want to go 50-100km offshore running in this compared to a 5.2 Formosa or something is no comparison. youll go faster 10kmh faster and be much more comfortable.
I don't know this boat or owner just something ive had my eye on.
it would run rings around a Formosa or bonito.
http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/private/used/SSE-AD-3402566/2008-NQ-BORGER-CAT-CAT

robvee
27-08-2015, 11:16 AM
Have a look at these guys ........
maybe a bit over your price - but I can vouch for these boats built in South Africa
http://mallardsaustralia.com/citation700/

The Black Unicorn
27-08-2015, 04:30 PM
What boat do you have at the moment?

conco46
27-08-2015, 04:49 PM
What boat do you have at the moment?
Iv had a 4m tinny and a 5m alley craft now have jetski decked out for fishing

robothefisho
27-08-2015, 09:20 PM
The series 2 hooker 6m is a great performer offshore. Dont even consider the 5m though. Far too unstable.

Haines 520 prowler also performs well.
Signature 542 cc
Tournament 1900 cc

The hooker would probably be the best value for money and best riding.

SummerTrance
28-08-2015, 03:12 PM
The hooker would probably be the best value for money and best riding.

And how do the boats go ?

robothefisho
28-08-2015, 04:05 PM
And how do the boats go ?

Smooth and dry. Kind of the opposite of what you want...

stang69
28-08-2015, 05:30 PM
If you want a 19 foot centre console that will eat everything mentioned so far for breakfast, check out the Jackaroo 590 CC. I have been in this boat and its really soft riding. I think they have their demo boat for sale still so you could get a bargain if they still have it.
You cant compare anything aluminium to fibreglass, and even then theres good and bad fibreglass boats. The best tin can is not going to be as good as the worst fibreglass boat.
If you were considering smaller the Haines Hunter 525 Prowler is a little beast too.
But if you have a good chiropractor that offers mates rates, and you like watching good glass boats pass you by while you are copping a flogging, go for a plate tinny.

pnp005
28-08-2015, 09:16 PM
The plate v fibreglass ride also depends on how fast you think you need to go, gone from a HH 560 Classic Offshore to a Tabs 5.3 runabout. Using for same use offshore but just need to slow down a tad, trim correctly and you would be amazed in the little difference.

Lovey80
29-08-2015, 06:44 AM
If I had 50k and was looking for a centre console boat in that size range I'd be sending Noelm a PM. He said he was thinking of selling his 18ft Shark Cat CC that he restored. You'll have plenty of change out of 50k too.

Dogtoooth
29-08-2015, 11:49 AM
Have a look at Javelin boats they build a 5.1m self draining floor big fuel tank and built for offshore, better than hooker for their size.

lembo
29-08-2015, 05:27 PM
i would definitely second what lovely80 said, I'd be in contact with noelm about his cc sharkcat, twin 90 suzukis. And plenty of change out of 50g to get any extras you'd like.