PDA

View Full Version : Cook islands

rtp1984
16-08-2015, 07:00 AM
Hi all.

Im off to the Cook Islands in October.
I will be staying on Rarotonga.
Hoping to get a day or two out fishing, anyone recommend a charter. I'm not interesting in a cultural experience in a dug out canoe or anything like that though.

Also, apart from fishing, what are the things I need to make sure I do while I'm there. I know nothing about the place, but don't want to miss out on any hidden treasures you may know about.

Thanks
Rob

baitable
16-08-2015, 02:28 PM
Kite surfing and bone fishing. Aitutaki is amazing!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

outta line
16-08-2015, 07:53 PM
[QUOTE=baitable;1596984]Kite surfing and bone fishing. Aitutaki is amazing!!!

true that mate amazing is an understatement snorkelling the outer edge of the reef with deep blue water and the lagoons are full of life with crystal clear water .. We stayed in the over water bungalows and the Trevalley smash anything you put in the water after dark it was insane .. Think my wife might ban the fishing rods if we stay there again .. Lol..

outta line
16-08-2015, 08:03 PM
Hi all.

Im off to the Cook Islands in October.
I will be staying on Rarotonga.
Hoping to get a day or two out fishing, anyone recommend a charter. I'm not interesting in a cultural experience in a dug out canoe or anything like that though.

Also, apart from fishing, what are the things I need to make sure I do while I'm there. I know nothing about the place, but don't want to miss out on any hidden treasures you may know about.

Thanks
Rob

we didn't get around to see much of Rarotonga mate other than where we stayed at Muri beach too busy drinking for 4 days as we were there for a wedding.. If you get a chance to go to the outter Islands you won't regret it

BA22
20-08-2015, 11:26 AM
Hi Rob

lucky you it looks like a very fishy place, this link may help.

http://bestfishingwebsites.com.au/listing-category/travel-charters-guides-pacific-cook-islands/

Danstu
20-08-2015, 08:27 PM
Stayed at Rarotonga beach resort. Great place, great snorkelling. Go on the mud buggy tour of the place good fun. Can't get lost, there is only one road which is a ring of the island. The lagoon is so clear, and the people are really friendly.