PDA

View Full Version : Cover for my seafarer v-sea - must be uv stable

roz
13-08-2015, 02:13 PM
Any recommendation or advice greatly appreciated.

As the title suggests, I am after a cover for my Seafarer V-Sea, not plastic but the fabric type which I often see covering boats traveling on the highway at times.

My boat is kept in the garage at home 99% of the time, however when I am up at Agnes W., it sits out in the sun collecting wind blown leaves, critters etc etc, the only time I want it out in the sun is when I am fishing!!!

I am a bit sceptical of claims made in some on-line adds for covers, hence this post.

Many thanx
roz :)

Volvo
13-08-2015, 02:50 PM
G'day Roz :), im on my second cover (Ebay Purchase) cost no more than 100 odd dollars and first one lasted aprox three years and second one been on for eighteem months or so and for that price i think im ahead??.. Only problemo is boat canopy collected a shyteload of mildew from sweat sitting idle for last eight months or so, moistur etc but with a bit of elbow greese and time its back to new again.
Will suss out the selller if you like ..

Blackened
13-08-2015, 03:04 PM
G'day Roz,

Go to a trimmer and get a custom one done. I have a trailerable cover made up for my 15' open plate boat, tailored to suit and only cost $500.

Dave.

Chimo
13-08-2015, 03:38 PM
Roz

These covers breath and last 3 or 4 years before they get a bit suss. The one for a Roll Royce fits a Vagabond from bow rail to the rear end of the bimini above the motors.
You could also use it on you ute / car when your at sea. They have a nice belly strap with clips and adding your own fasteners / rope across the front and back is easy.

Anyhoo, just a thought ex Repco if your passing one. They are in the latest catalog 90 odd for the big size and less as they get smaller.
http://images.lasoomedia1.com.au/imageicon/rep/prod/j00567927/c_001/page_014/repco_ultimate_protc8e3bb04_a360_4c8c_9849_bfcc53b c82e1_00000001.jpg
Cheers
Chimo

roz
13-08-2015, 06:52 PM
Thanx for that I will look at the options. Will also get hold of you for that detailing work when the floor is re coated & I am next in Brissie.
cheers r. :)

roz
13-08-2015, 06:53 PM
Plenty of options popping up!!! Thanks for your input, I will certainly take a look.
cheers R. :)