PDA

View Full Version : Gps marks on iPhone

bambaz
10-08-2015, 08:47 PM
Hi all just wondering anybody heard of any good apps on iPhone to use to mark fishing spots instead of buying a gps combo unit
cheers

Almako
10-08-2015, 10:00 PM
Navionics do a good app.

Feral
11-08-2015, 07:55 AM
I use an app on my work fruit phone called "my gps location" to get an actual set of co ordinates out of the thing, it has basic mapping functionality but that is about it. I cant find a decent free app to do mapping for an apple.
I use my personal android phone with the standard google maps app for all my mapping work. Have not taken my fancy GPS unit out of the box since I started using it. It is great.

Triple
11-08-2015, 08:57 AM
Cant go past Navionics for the price and functions.

Boating Australia&New Zealand by Navionics
https://appsto.re/au/PHXyA.i

airlock
11-08-2015, 07:11 PM
Navionics is good, it uses the same maps as you will load on you're sounder and can be accessed very easily.
TBH the app on my i-phone blows my lowrance elite 5 out of the water for usability, reliability and the most important feature, not being made by bloody lowrance.

hughamos
11-08-2015, 08:46 PM
Navionics is hard to beat on a marine basemap for deep sea etc the gps chip in an iPhone is reasonably descent. There are apps like ovitalmaps that are good if you want to overlay on a satellite image.

bambaz
12-08-2015, 05:30 PM
Thanks all for the response looks like I will give naviteonics a try
cheers

Crisp Bee
14-08-2015, 09:19 PM
I have navionics on my Iphone and sm happy with it. Download the map for the area you wish to fish in if you plan going offshore, before you go offshore. Then the phone gps does have the details for the area and doesnt need the phonr reception to have a detailed chart.