PDA

View Full Version : Dunbier / Redco Trailer Purchase

Billy C
09-08-2015, 06:58 AM
Hi all,

I am looking to get either a Dunbier or Redco trailer for my 5m fibreglass boat. It will probably come down to price as to which one I buy. I live on the south side of Brisbane - has anyone bought one of these lately - where is the best place to get a quote or who does the best deals on these trailers?

Thanks in advance

BC

alleycat
09-08-2015, 07:24 AM
I bought one for my son a few months ago and marine tune at Burleigh was by far the cheapest , we bought a dunbier...

Fish Face
09-08-2015, 08:32 AM
The guy's at Bonito deal with Redco. Give Martin a call. 0416 099 908

Scott Ashe
09-08-2015, 11:05 AM
Hi, Wynnum Marine are dealers for Redco Boat Trailer 3396 9777.

Cheers

FisHard
09-08-2015, 03:26 PM
Yeah a mate that bought a Bonito shopped around and bought his Redco from Wynnum marine. From what I've seen (plus owned 2) Redco is the better trailer.

The Black Unicorn
09-08-2015, 04:21 PM
Redco for mine. Bought one nearly two years ago now. Great! Wynumm Marine was better than the rest price wise.

copie
09-08-2015, 05:55 PM
I have a Dunbier under my 5.4m boat and I modified it shortly after purchasing the boat package which was about 1 year old. I purchased all the bits I needed direct from Dunbier located at Yatala south of Brisbane. The guys there were very helpful with what I needed and even checked it all after I had done it. Not sure if you can buy a complete trailer from them but a phone call to them would be worth you effort.

Mark

AndrewB
10-08-2015, 09:04 AM
Redco do standard trailer and also HD if you want a bit more peace of mind.

Billy C
12-08-2015, 06:01 AM
Thanks for all your comments guys. I have got a few quotes and Wynnum Marine seem to offer the best deal with a Redco. I will probably go with that one.

Cheers again.

Camhawk88
12-08-2015, 08:30 AM
I brought a Redco about 10 years ago and despite religious washing inside and out, it rusted through from the inside within 18 months. Since then I have also owned a Duniber which was an excellent trailer. Maybe I got a dud but I wouldn't touch a Redco again as the galvanising wasn't up to scratch.

Scalem
12-08-2015, 09:08 AM
It seems we are comparing apples with apples so if I was in the market either trailer would suit me nicely, but it's the cooperation from the dealer that would make or break the deal. Last time I made a point I wanted standard ford or Holden bearings, wheels and stud pattern so I would never be forced to hunt down expensive and less common exchange parts. But many wack on those 13" rims with ford stud. It's not hard to change to what you want, just no attention to detail when they churn through the sale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scottar
12-08-2015, 09:13 AM
I brought a Redco about 10 years ago and despite religious washing inside and out, it rusted through from the inside within 18 months. Since then I have also owned a Duniber which was an excellent trailer. Maybe I got a dud but I wouldn't touch a Redco again as the galvanising wasn't up to scratch.

Suspect you got a dud. Redco under my last boat made 17 years before it needed the back end redone. The two I have currently are also good one at 9 years that does get wet and one at 5 years that doesn't due to only being under a small tinny.

AndrewB
12-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Redco and Dunbier do not have their own galvanising baths this is outsourced.