PDA

View Full Version : Lowrance screen issues

Oceanic Dave
04-08-2015, 09:54 PM
Have an old Lowrance LCX25C. Came with the boat and has had lines through it ever since.

i thought maybe it is electrical interference, but the motor is off, all electronics are off, just the sounder is on with NO gps antenna and NO transducer connected. Still get the lines.

do I just need a new screen?

honda900
04-08-2015, 10:12 PM
unfortunately, need to replace..

Regards
Honda.

myusernam
05-08-2015, 11:07 AM
your unit is fubar.
lowrance dont repair, only replace.
welcome to the wonderful world of lowrance.

scottar
05-08-2015, 11:13 AM
Worth at least pulling the back cover off and reseating the display connectors if possible if that is something you are comfortable with or you know someone who plays with electronics

Oceanic Dave
05-08-2015, 02:14 PM
Yea electronics is something I can do, but think this time I will just upgrade it. The new Gen3 looks good!

swof63
05-08-2015, 10:09 PM
Sounds like a plan. Replace the broken, unrepairable unit with another ( not yet ) broken, unrepairable unit from the same manufacturer. Worth checking out other options I reckon.............

Oceanic Dave
05-08-2015, 11:06 PM
Sounds like a plan. Replace the broken, unrepairable unit with another ( not yet ) broken, unrepairable unit from the same manufacturer. Worth checking out other options I reckon.............
Mate i have never had a Lowrance. Most people I know say good things about them. My other option was Simrad so same really and then Garmin.

What would you suggest? Furuno?

swof63
06-08-2015, 09:24 AM
I've had two lowrance go in the past, and recently have had another two mates have them go and we'd all come up against the "no repair" model which basically means zero support after warranty. I Like both the furunos and garmins. Have had a furuno 585 for four years in one boat and never a boo, and more recently a Garmin in the smaller boat, and although yet only a year old I really like how easy it is to use. Time will tell on reliability I guess. The boat with the 585 also has a hds8m as a plotter and apart from being very slow to update the screen ( it's a gen 1) it is far less intuitive to use than the Garmin.
Ray marine also have some nice looking units, have had a couple - the old 500 was a good sounder just the screen fogged in winter, I had a dragonfly in the last little boat and it worked well.

Worth looking around there's some great products, it's fun buying toys.

Cheers

ovakil
07-08-2015, 05:29 PM
your unit is fubar.
lowrance dont repair, only replace.
welcome to the wonderful world of lowrance.

Been down that road, bought item locally. Next time different brand & whoever has the best price.

bluefin59
07-08-2015, 05:56 PM
Mate i have never had a Lowrance. Most people I know say good things about them. My other option was Simrad so same really and then Garmin.

What would you suggest? Furuno?

I would suggest anything BUT navico products . Matt