PDA

View Full Version : A big 'thank you!'

robfish 1
01-08-2015, 09:02 PM
Well - back home again in beautiful Melbourne (hah!), after spending 2 glorious weeks on the fabulous Gold coast, catching and releasing some nice bream in Tallebudgera Creek, spinning up some tailor in the seaway, and spending a great day on the water, courtesy of an Ausfish member, and top bloke...Scalem.
It seems that he was only too happy to show my son, his new wife and I, the sights and joys of boat-based fishing the area.
My new DIL caught her first fish thanks to Scalem, and although she felt a little seasick, and the fish didn't really turn it on on the day, (very little tide, so no run, no fun), we all had a ball on the day - so a big thank you to another selfless Ausfish member!

My DIL has a new bug - fishing. So she can't be ALL bad! Really funny watching her catch a fish, and not be able to bring herself to killing it for a feed, though! All fish caught on the day just HAD to go back, as we weren't allowed to harm them in any way!

So thanks again, B - hope to catch up with you on my next trip up there - when the fish are really firing!

Cods Whallup
01-08-2015, 10:07 PM
Great story robfish/ scalem some pretty awesome spirit there! Should be more of it!��

wayno60
02-08-2015, 02:10 PM
Can ya feel the love.....

Lucky_Phill
02-08-2015, 03:55 PM
Brian is a good bloke and a credit to Ausfish. Always there to lend a hand or pass on info.

:tekst-toppie:

LP

nathank
06-08-2015, 07:33 PM
no Jacks this time mate? ;)

robfish 1
08-08-2015, 09:31 PM
G'day, mate! Nah, didn't try for the jacks, as everything suggested that summer's a far better time for them - (if you tell me now that I was still in with a chance in the middle of winter, I'll shoot myself!). Apart from doing the obligatory family things, I concentrated on the bream and trevors this trip, and had a heap of success in Talle and Currumbin on s/p's. Spun up some flatties and smaller tailor in the seaway, too. Getting out in a boat again was a blast, too - mine's been unusable for far too long now. Must do something about that!
How about you? Getting amongst them?