PDA

View Full Version : Old rods and reels

sleepygreg
27-07-2015, 12:49 AM
Being an old fart and getting really frustrated with trying to find old threads that I know existed, I thought I would start a new one because I have lost patience.
I have in my possession a number of old rod and reels combos that are from my two late uncles estates. They aren't state of the art by any means, though they were reasonable quality in their day. They need a bit of TLC, and a bit of a spruce up. I remember there being a thread on here about wanting this sort of thing to be used in teaching kids how to fish. I can't bluddy find it though. If there is anyone wanting this sort of thing please PM me. I would rather see them go to a worthy cause - as would my late uncles - than to be consigned to the tip.

Slider
27-07-2015, 04:19 PM
Malby was often chasing gear for the kids he takes up the beach ...

sleepygreg
30-07-2015, 01:14 AM
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. They aren't classics - but were 'budget' stuff that was bought probably 25 - 30 years ago, but have been sitting in storage for a few years. Just a mix of beach and estuary rods, and threadline reels.

Gon Fishun
30-07-2015, 08:54 PM
That's the sort of thing I was thinking of. They aren't classics - but were 'budget' stuff that was bought probably 25 - 30 years ago, but have been sitting in storage for a few years. Just a mix of beach and estuary rods, and threadline reels.

Have sent you a PM SleepyG.

Ausfish
31-07-2015, 11:29 AM
Being an old fart and getting really frustrated with trying to find old threads that I know existed, I thought I would start a new one because I have lost patience.
I have in my possession a number of old rod and reels combos that are from my two late uncles estates. They aren't state of the art by any means, though they were reasonable quality in their day. They need a bit of TLC, and a bit of a spruce up. I remember there being a thread on here about wanting this sort of thing to be used in teaching kids how to fish. I can't bluddy find it though. If there is anyone wanting this sort of thing please PM me. I would rather see them go to a worthy cause - as would my late uncles - than to be consigned to the tip.

Have a look at this thread

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php/182943-Help-out-young-blokes-who-are-struggling-with-the-school-system-D-I-Point-etc