PDA

View Full Version : kevlacat 2400 or seaswirl striper 2601 wa

ranga7
25-07-2015, 01:52 PM
Hi all just after info on these to boats. Got a platey but am considering fiberglass for ride comfort. Been in a few cats (shark and noosa) and the ride in exceptional, but really like the look of the k.c.Was pretty set on a cat then saw some stripers. Obviously the striper is a mono hull but man they look the goods. Really would like to hear the good, bad and ugly about the stripers.
Would love even more if anyone has been in both. The stripers seem well priced, am i right?

Thanks heaps.

Flex
25-07-2015, 10:12 PM
I owned a 21f striper for a while. Fairly decent boat, but I don't think their build quality is as good as some of the better aussie boats.very wide boats too so have large shoulders running into waves. Having said that a 26f is a huge boat.

ive also owned a 5.2kc. So the comparison is apt if on a smaller scale. The 5.2 destroyed the 21f striper in performance in the rough.i know which one I'd be buying. The 2400 every day of the week! It would definitely run better than the striper. Plus even if it didn't the stability of a cat at rest makes then so much better to fish from.

whats the tow weights and width of the 26 striper?

ranga7
26-07-2015, 07:08 AM
Thanks flex, just started the research on the stripers and havent got to tow weights and width yet, but pretty sure the 3ltr navara will struggle.

gofishin
26-07-2015, 07:38 AM
... just started the research on the stripers and havent got to tow weights and width yet, but pretty sure the 3ltr navara will struggle.Forget about struggle, if you want to remain legal & keep insurance intact you need a bigger tow rig.

2601 is over width and will weigh close to 3.5t dry most likely, a few hunj less on an alloy trailer.

2301 is also over width, and about 3t +/- full of juice and ready to fish on an alloy trailer.

Not sure about what a 2400KC weighs, but on a steel trailer I would guess over 3t 'ready to go'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flex
26-07-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm not sure if the tow laws have changed last few years, my 21f striper was over width. Wasn't hard to comply really. Just needed to carry a permit which is printed off the net and a couple of flags I think. One or,two restrictions but nothing to bad.

i own a 3t navara and it barely towed my 21f striper. It was a CC too.
was a struggle with the 5.2kc on Long freeway trips.

no way you could tow either 26f or 2400 on freeway. Around town you would be sort of alright I'd imagine.

Gr0wler
26-07-2015, 08:55 PM
Stick with the Sharkcat/Noosa cat idea and you will be very happy, if you still want a KC just because of looks ::) I would try and get out in a 2400 several times first then you will go back to the other cats.