PDA

View Full Version : Cardwell/ Port Hinchinbrook car and boat trailer short term storage

FNQCairns
24-07-2015, 05:39 PM
I live near Cairns but would like to head to Cardwell/launch Port Hinchinbrook much more regular for overnighters on the boat.

Does anyone have a lead on who I might contact or speak in the region to so I might be able to store my car and trailer safely while we are on the water? I might do some solos too so I need...actually I dont know what I need here, might just have take the risk those times.

Looking for 1, 2 and 3 nights storage for these items instead of leaving them to the oxygen thieves discretion. 15k might near replace both second hand but thats not the point.

Peace of mind too, I always enjoy any trip if things onshore are all ship shape.

thanks.

3rd degree
24-07-2015, 08:03 PM
The fuel, bait & tackle shop at the ramp used to be called the 'Port of Call' and was run by a bloke named Mick Edwards.

Haven't been there for a few years, but if he's still about I reckon Mick might be able to point you in the right direction.

cheers

jim

SHOOTER1
24-07-2015, 08:18 PM
Maybe the caravan park at Lucinda. Short walk to the ramp to collect the car when returning. Have left trailer and vehicle here for a 5 day camping trip to Orpheus no problems. Off course not free put talk to the owner.

goona
24-07-2015, 10:40 PM
I left my Patrol and trailer at the ramp at cardwell near the coast guard for three day whilst camping on Hinchinbrook and nothing was touched, I think you are pretty safe up there

FNQCairns
29-07-2015, 04:04 PM
Thanks for the replies, I will chase up those tips but I don't think I can bring myself to leave the car and trailer there o/n, just will not enjoy the water time otherwise, the car has been customised to suit me over years and I built the trailer myself, getting a 6m boat back home trailer-less would be painful...the insurance check will help but it doesn't even go close to making up for the cost, inconvenience and the angst of replacing things personally customised at my hand...been here before.

Stuck with my anxiety driven need to short circuit all potential oxygen thieves I think.

thanks again

NEW HORIZONS
06-08-2015, 06:53 PM
I suggest you talk to Blue or Dallas at Hinchinbrook Houseboats I am sure they will be able to help . Blue 0427 326 793