PDA

View Full Version : The Young Fella

Volvo
21-07-2015, 06:44 PM
Had the pleasure of spending just over a week recently in Nambucca Heads and what a great spot that was:), stayed at the Van Park adjascent to the breakwall and one day was doing our daily walk with the BIL and happen top pass two old chaps fishing off the wall for Blackfish , said HI:) and kept walking whilst showing some interest in their style of Fishing which had quite a few of the locals participating in chasing these Fish.
On the way back to the Park we pass one of these older Gentlemen heading home quite satisfied with himself from the looks on his face, "Finished for the day" i asked ??..
"Got my bag limit came the reply and kept walking.
Reached his other mate just about packing up for the day also and said to him "The old fella fishing next to you got his bag limit and off home ey :)"
"The young fella!!!" came back the retort lol.
"No the old fella that was fishing next to you"i again said.
Quite angrilly now he spoke a tad louder saying "No!! thats the young Fella!!!, he is 72 and i am 86 " ( somewhere around those figures anyway :) ) lol..
Well that did bring a smile and a chuckle to us and made us feel quite Young ouselves after witnessing these older Gentlemen Fishing in their Prime and DO Wish them MANY MORE years of Fishing of their favourite passtime , if that happens to be their favourite passtime that is :)??..
Just the same it was an introduction to myself towards fishing for these particular species which i enjoyed doing so much.
If any of these two Gents do read this thread i would like to say "Good Onyez" and do wish yous many a more safe Fishing outings and gave me at least confidence towards many more years of Fishing myself lol..

The Black Unicorn
21-07-2015, 07:19 PM
Haha. Just bought my 83 year old dad some green weed flies to try on the niggers down home. He is getting a bit old to get down to the rocks to collect the weed where he lives but can get to a few areas to fish easy enough. Will be interesting to see if they work.

Volvo
21-07-2015, 08:42 PM
Will be interesting to see how the greenweed flies go ?. Cabbage adjascent to the area worked well..

dnej
22-07-2015, 08:54 PM
Say, what do you think about their eating quality ?
David

Volvo
23-07-2015, 11:52 AM
Rather liked the taste :), Met so many Tasmanians and Victorians up for their Winter chasing the Blackfish and they stated that once you eat Blackfish you wouldnt eatBream !!, Dont agree with that statement but i do like their taste . Mindyou you must!!! Bleed the Blackfish soon as catching it or keep alivein a keeper bag till you are ready toleave and then bleed etc..

The Black Unicorn
23-07-2015, 05:27 PM
And skin it. Must skin it!

Volvo
24-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Yep , too right :)..

BLOOEY
25-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Good story Volvo. I was catching blackfish on weed flies i tied up on wednesdsy just past. It was in conjunction with berley though and i think this definately helps.

Volvo
25-07-2015, 03:58 PM
Will def order some , now just need to know from what time of the year to when they run around Nambucca , Sth West Rocks and Iluka/Yamba to set myself up for next year.. Thinking of chasing the Whiting around Forster come October as they tell me the bigger ones come in around then??...
Fell in love with that part of the Country ey.