PDA

View Full Version : South passage bar

codfather
06-07-2015, 02:56 PM
Done my first bar crossing Sunday all went great, sat there watching for a while then followed a couple of boats through the centre channel, This is going to be an all new way of fishing for me now, so just a few questions to ask. Do you get live bait off the Rufus king wreck and are ther other areas just over the bar reefs ect. Any tips on fishing the ocean would be welcome also do's and dont's for fishing North Straddie / South Moreton would be appreciated. Don't want spot x. Just to be able to catch fish. Cheers

The Black Unicorn
06-07-2015, 03:51 PM
Yep bar would have been flat with that South Swell. There are bait grounds North and South of the bar. Haven't tried at Rufus King but its not always fishable. If you head south from the bar you can catch fish around Boat Rock and the Group. Plenty of people fish here and you can get some great fish there at times. Its a very popular spot for Mackerel in summer time! These are close to the bar and require no secret spots to be divulged. Another easy spot to get a feed is about 9km SE of Point Lookout itself. Google " Cathedrals" and you should find some generic marks for this area. I regularly fish the area and more often than not get a feed, mainly Squirey snapper around the 40-60cm. The Waverider Buoy is only a couple of KM out from the cathedrals too. It can produce Dolphin Fish at the right time of the year. Plenty out there just takes time to nut it all out. Took me a couple of years at least till I could get a consistent feed. Good luck.

https://www.google.com.au/#q=Cathedrals+GPS+marks

codfather
07-07-2015, 06:20 AM
Thanks One More Drop, really appreciate your email thanks.

hainsofast
07-07-2015, 08:44 AM
He not bad for a NSW supporter old mate One more Drop

The Silver Unicorn
07-07-2015, 02:17 PM
He not bad for a NSW supporter old mate One more Drop

He's got a cool profile pic too...