PDA

View Full Version : lizard island camp ground facilities

lembo
04-07-2015, 10:00 PM
hey guys, anyone been to lizard island and camped there or mored there ?
what are the facilities like ? water, showers, bbq, tables, toilets ?
what is there and what is not ? looking at heading to cooktown at end of year and taking the sharkcat up to lizard.

shortthenlong
04-07-2015, 10:44 PM
http://www.nprsr.qld.gov.au/parks/lizard-island/about.html#camping_and_accommodation

Sorry but I have only dreamt of staying there

Matt

lembo
05-07-2015, 09:41 PM
thanks mate, I tied getting there last October but the winds didn't let me. so hopefully this year. il try do a couple nights at lizard and fish the ribbons and nearby islands and reefs.

FisHard
07-07-2015, 07:16 AM
Good luck you bastard! Always been my dream to take a trailer boat to Lizard. The weather is your enemy up there, wait till as close to Christmas as you can to snag some calm days during the doldrums as they call them. I will get there one day!!

ollie1
09-07-2015, 12:32 AM
i have stayed there at the resort couple of times, truly special place. Has had vessels mored there when i have been there so pretty confident you wont be alone. Did get hammered by a cat5 cyclone last year and has only recently reopened. Boaties mored there could access the "Marlin Bar" area and use the toilets, tables, plenty of piss available there just not sure about or if any food is sold there, there is a awesome restaurant close by but does cost$$ and not sure if its resort guests only?? probably be fine tho i suppose . Not to sure about the actual camping area but i would imagine there would be facilities there as well. Amazing snorkelling there also!