PDA

View Full Version : Picked up my new Quintrex 460 Renegade.

Darren Mc
21-06-2015, 07:52 PM
I picked up my new Quintrex 460 Renegade from Brisbane Yamaha on Saturday and i'd like to say thank's to Justin and the team for the great customer service.
Being a lot lighter then my last boat it towed like a dream with the new Quintrex Alloy trailer. My car thanked me for that.
Took it out Saturday arvo to start the break in on the F70 and i've got to say what a smooth motor it is. Justin had a small custom side console made for the digital gauges, the six switch panel and the Garmin 95sv. The guy did a great job on it, very neat, solid and well set out.( Will let you know his name and business when i find out again).
Only managed to get about 2 1/2 hrs running before i had to head for home as the sun set and we were half frozen from the cold.
Boat rides really well and doesn't crash and bang at all which surprised me.
When i get a chance to take some pictures and work out how to post pics, i'll put some up.
Overall very happy and now I'm keen as hell to get out again. (Dam work).

Tangles
21-06-2015, 07:59 PM
you will love the 95sv Darrren and sure you will have good boating in the Quinnie…did you get a side console or tiller? should fly with the 70 on the back

scottar
21-06-2015, 08:10 PM
Good to hear it went well Darren. I was the one that commented on it being shiny new at the servo when you were filling up (either that or there were two new Quinnies out for a run on Saturday). It looks great.

Darren Mc
21-06-2015, 08:12 PM
They got a mini side console made for me and it looks great.
I'll post some pics when i get a chance.
It's a tiller steer and yeah it feels like it's going to go well.
Yeah i haven't played with the 95sv much yet, i'll have to jump in the boat and have a fiddle. Got any tips on settings you could give me Tangles?

Darren Mc
21-06-2015, 08:16 PM
Thanks Scottar, yeah i do remember a nice bloke saying that at the Redland's Bp. We're you with your young bloke?

scottar
21-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Yeah mate. Had him earning his pocket money lugging firewood.

Seahorse
22-06-2015, 07:53 AM
You will love it.
i got the 420 with 50hp yammy 4 stroke and it is an excellent boat.

460 and a 70 yammy, sounds a great combination.

Rustness
22-06-2015, 03:25 PM
I've got a 460 sc with a 70 yamaha on it. Love it. Great boat. You'll be impressed with it. Looking forward to pics.

Coontakinta
23-06-2015, 09:24 PM
Another very happy 460sc F70 owner here.

scottar
24-06-2015, 12:47 AM
Small world Darren. Was talking to one of my mates who went down the Pin on Saturday, that you were talking too at the ramp on the way home. He's got a Brooker

Darren Mc
24-06-2015, 10:41 AM
It's is a small world hey scottar.

Darren Mc
28-06-2015, 09:47 PM
This is the mini console that a bloke named Ralph from Compass Boats built.

nickgrab
28-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Nice, I have a 440 and was thinking of getting something similar made up. Is it just bolted to the side deck?

Darren Mc
28-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Here's another pic. Yeah its bolted at the top and underneath where a support bracket goes down to the side pocket. It's very solid and doesn't move at all. It would have been slightly smaller in height but i wanted the 6 switch panel instead of a 4 switch panel.

stevej
28-06-2015, 10:44 PM
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a272/LUKKAT/984291_10152815428554091_3525154349752530953_n_zps ayppkkse.jpg

this is what i did for my 420 renegade, was planning a smaller sounder like a elite 9 before welding it on

Andy56
03-09-2015, 09:00 PM
Just going through all the past threads and now I know why you suggested the renegade, lol.
Been looking at the videos from coloundra marine., It looks like a top boat. Whats the ride like? I did have a 4.8m runabout with the millenium hull and it was ok. Could have been better. Now we have the blade hull and just wondering how much of an improvement its made. Are you still rapt? Mind you, sitting further back helps.
So a 460sc, 490 sc renegade is another pair on my list.
8-)

Darren Mc
03-09-2015, 09:53 PM
Hey Andy, yeah still happy with it. Love the layout and yes sitting at the back does help me(not so much the nephew who sit's up the front) when it get's a bit rough. Pretty good ride though for a smallish tinny. I mainly fish with my elderly father in law so I have to take his well being into consideration and drive accordingly. Still getting used to the tiller as both of my other boats were half cabin fibreglass boats. Having the tiller free's up so much space which is nice in a boat this size. A side console would be pretty much the same as what I have with the mini console.
I will say it really get's my full attention when I get up to around 30 knot's, as only slight movements with the tiller at that speed are needed. Can get a little flighty. The 70 Yamaha goes beautifully and is pleasantly quite. Looking at changing props down the track a little.(saving some coin)
All in all i'm happy with my purchase as it suit's me and my style of fishing and rides well.
Planning on installing some Korr lighting around under the gunnels at some stage and of course an electric motor would be nice too. I think i'll have to settle for the lighting and just keep dreaming about the leccy.

Sir neverbagout
04-09-2015, 08:46 AM
Great boat, regularly take my flat mates 4.6 renegade to the 50 fathoms off the pin. Not many tins of that size will perform out there. The live bait tank did fall out the other day onto the floor going over a small bit of chop. Factory had done a poor job fixing in the tank. All round white light could be a bit brighter. Besides that, very hard to beat.

AndrewB
04-09-2015, 09:14 AM
I am another happy owner of a 440 TS with 60 Yammy, altered the prop pitch from 12g to 11g as was a little slow getting out of the hole.
Solved my sounder mount problem with a Ram 6 inch swing arm vertical mount, so can see sounder from seated position and when up front can turn around to the front.

Coontakinta
07-09-2015, 01:57 PM
Andy, you would not be disappointed.
I have had my 460sc since Nov and love it. Its weighty when compared to the Dory it replaces and this impacts where i can launch it, but it also means it rides better in a chop and its stability is worlds apart when again compared to the Dory.
Mine too is powered by the 70hp 4 stroke yamaha. Max speed at WOT is around 64km/h one up and i too am considering a prop up grade as it reaches max rpm pretty easily. I have noticed that the leg needs to be trimmed in a bit when getting outta the hole otherwise there is cavitation on take off but this is a minor thing.
Getting the front livewell working correctly took some work but the dealer got that sorted zoon enough. Biased as it may sound, I think they are a great boat and I am more than happy with except when I challenge its shallow water credentials and loose, meaning i have to take a dip n push it off.

Andy56
04-10-2015, 03:09 PM
I have built up a list of 15 boats to look at including the 460 renegade. The only issue I have is the open transom design. Is it a real issue or just a look? The open transom is a far far cheaper option ( not quintrex though, just a bit cheaper, lol) with many brands.

Darren Mc
04-10-2015, 06:30 PM
So far hasn't been a problem for me.

Coontakinta
28-02-2016, 07:04 AM
Looking at changing props down the track a little.(saving some coin)

So Darren, have you got around to changing props yet and if so, what to?
Also can you provide some performance details?
Any 460SC owners running an F70 with a different prop to the 13P supplied as standard?

Darren Mc
28-02-2016, 08:21 AM
Hi. No i haven't yet. You know how it is,bills, unexpected expenses and kids sports are all keeping me broke at the moment.
My standard prop is the alloy white 15p the dealer supplied. I want to try a 13p SS as i'm about 500rpm short of max rpm with a normal load.
I've lifted the engine up to the bottom holes and the cav plate is just visable and in the correct position.

Coontakinta
28-02-2016, 01:14 PM
I am running a 13 alloy mate and am hitting the limiter. I thought a 15P would be the next best option to try but maybe a 14p is the go.
This is where the dealer set mine up, although i see yours id a tiller & mine is a side console so different weight distribution perhaps

Darren Mc
28-02-2016, 05:45 PM
I would think there would be very little difference in weight distribution as i sit in the same spot and my mini console is in roughly the same place. Maybe 5 kg's at most i reckon for the steering wheel etc.