PDA

View Full Version : Quintrex Busta Range

Blueheart
17-06-2015, 10:08 PM
Hi all,
I am new to his forum and just wanted to get people's thoughts on the Quintrex Busta range. I just purchased a 2012 Busta 4.2m with 2012 Dunbier trailer. Motor is a 2002 30hp Yamaha 2 stroke. Motor was my only concern but have had it on the water once and it seemed to run fine. Any feedback if would be appreciated.
Cheers
Steve

SHOOTER1
18-06-2015, 09:38 PM
Hi Steve,
Not the most efficient motor but hey they are pretty well indescructable. On a 30 hp who cares about fuel? 2 parts of f-all.

Blueheart
18-06-2015, 10:30 PM
Hi Steve,
Not the most efficient motor but hey they are pretty well indescructable. On a 30 hp who cares about fuel? 2 parts of f-all.
Cheers Shooter. Will look to upgrade to a 4 stroke engine eventually ( wasn't in the budget this time around ) so hopefully will get a bit of use out of the 2 stroke in the meantime.

Coontakinta
19-06-2015, 05:36 AM
2 cylinders or 3?
I had a 2001 model 3cyl 30 on my stacer seahorse, essentially the same hull and it was faultless. Plenty of torque, relatively smooth for a 2 stroke and as mentioned indestructible. Would still start first or second pull of the cord. Also relatively smoke free.
Not sure going to a 4 stroke would see much benefit in terms of fuel usage. It would certainly take a great many number of years to recoup the extra cost in my mind of a motor of that class.
Unless you require the other attributes a 4 stroke brings, i would question the need to replace it.
Congratulations on your purchase, get out and enjoy it and dont feel that you have bad to settle in anyway because you went with a 2 stroke motor.

scottar
19-06-2015, 07:46 AM
Agree with Coontakinta. Unless you want one for the no smoke and quiet idle for trolling or you wish to fish dams where 2 stroke is prohibited, keep the two stroke. You will never recoup the investment if looking at from a financial stand point.

Blueheart
19-06-2015, 08:21 AM
Agree with Coontakinta. Unless you want one for the no smoke and quiet idle for trolling or you wish to fish dams where 2 stroke is prohibited, keep the two stroke. You will never recoup the investment if looking at from a financial stand point.
Thanks guys. Will take on board and stick with it then. It is a 3 cylinder.
It started from cold on 4th pull then first time every time after that so I guess I'm a little confident I will get good use out of it. Will only be using the boat for fishing mainly in freshwater but occasionally in the bay around Phillip Island maybe once a year during Xmas holidays.

oldie
19-06-2015, 07:02 PM
If your into fresh/salt water fishing just spend the $$ on a good electric motor get a mount made up the bow for the Busta and it will open up all the perfect options for you, don't need the 4 stroke if you have a good electric motor