PDA

View Full Version : Qld Net Free zones

Lucky_Phill
17-06-2015, 12:38 PM
Hi everyone

If you want to see the current proposed Net Free Areas progress in anything like their current format it is imperative that you complete the Queensland government’s survey.
We have been led to believe that at present the commercial sector has been very active getting their supporters to complete the survey.

Please circulate this email with the below link and urgently ask all your members and email contacts to complete the survey urgently. If you put it off, life may get in the way and you’ll forget.

This is the first opportunity in our generation in Queensland for a fisheries outcome that will actually benefit recreational fishing, let’s not squander the opportunity with complacency. The outcome is certainly not a given as yet.

In addition to the recreational fishing values, tourism values and local community values it is also important to recognize the significant environmental damage done by gillnets. There are other far more environmentally responsible forms of commercial fishing.

https://www.business.qld.gov.au/industry/fisheries/commercial-fishing/net-free-zones

Kind Regards

Judy Lynne

Executive Officer

copyright acknowledged.... cheers LP

jelifish
19-06-2015, 06:38 PM
already responded

benji64
19-06-2015, 07:08 PM
done / completed

TREVELLY
19-06-2015, 09:10 PM
yep - worth the time Keppel is being smashed!

BLOOEY
20-06-2015, 06:40 AM
Already done

sleepygreg
20-06-2015, 10:37 PM
Done individually and through my club. ;D

Spiderpig
21-06-2015, 04:16 PM
This is worth supporting too Phil. It will be what matters when it goes to parliament in October. Enough signatures will counteract the push from the pros to stop it.

https://www.parliament.qld.gov.au/work-of-assembly/petitions/e-petitions

Feral
22-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Looks like it is central Qld and north?
Haven't fished up that way for 30 years, so dont think I have the right to have a say. (And would only look like "rent a crowd", as it asks your location)

Just_chips
22-06-2015, 06:59 AM
Looks like it is central Qld and north?
Haven't fished up that way for 30 years, so dont think I have the right to have a say. (And would only look like "rent a crowd", as it asks your location)

Yep but it does give you an option to make further comments at the end of the survey.

My comments were along the lines of aligning net free zones with existing declared recreational areas / national parks to combine the tourism potential of having a recreational only fishing and camping area. I noted areas such as Cooloola/Teewah, Bribie ocean beach and Moreton Island and North Straddie.

You never know, somebody might read it and take it onboard. It's just an opportunity to show support for a concept and suggest it be applied to other areas.

Slider
22-06-2015, 10:27 AM
To quote Minister Byrne in recent correspondence - 'other areas will only be considered after the above three zones are implemented'.

With the LNP supported commercial sector fighting hard and making inroads, it is vital that support for these three net free areas be shown by the rec sector state wide now, or there won't be any new net free areas in Queensland at all. Any group or individual with concerns about the future of our inshore fisheries and marine environment, need make submissions and sign the current online petition.

There has been a number of people put in monumental amounts of work on behalf of recreational fishers in Queensland to have these 'test case' regions declared. The work is ongoing to ensure that they succeed and further net free areas declared. It takes about 30 seconds to sign the e-petition ....

bdm56
23-06-2015, 10:27 PM
All completed !

rodbender
25-06-2015, 09:20 PM
All ready completed this on another site

fishplukka
12-07-2015, 07:16 AM
yep t easy all done

Bob H
12-07-2015, 03:37 PM
done already