Saracen
08-06-2015, 01:57 AM
hey guys .
can anyone help me as to why
my boat has a bow tilt which nearly
flips me over?109319

Noelm
08-06-2015, 04:30 AM
Too much weight in the back? Not enough speed to get on the plane? Motor trimmed way out? Any or all of those things.

Feral
08-06-2015, 04:48 AM
Or slower application of hand on throttle needed!
Need some weight in the nose.

creat
08-06-2015, 08:15 AM
I owned a ct10 with a 6hp that used to bury its ass like that.
I'm not a naval architect so I cant assist in any way, but from personal observation I did notice the tiny was built very light in comparison to other tinnies as I believe the CT series is designed to be car topped, also I noticed it was not very beamy.
I've owned other tinnys, savage and quintrex and they did not behave like the CT10.

Saracen
08-06-2015, 02:11 PM
Too much weight in the back? Not enough speed to get on the plane? Motor trimmed way out? Any or all of those things.

what do you mean by motor trimmed way out?

hainsofast
08-06-2015, 02:52 PM
wrong size prop

Mike Delisser
08-06-2015, 03:28 PM
It's the trim, you need to change the angle of your outboard in relation to the planing surface of the hull (bring the leg in closer to the transom. Easily adjusted on the outboard, but if already adjusted all the way in you might require some wedges under the mount. If this isn't enough you could look at a foil or wedges welded under the hull. Those last two would help but it wouldn't be solving the real prob and would probably increase your fuel consumption.

Saracen
08-06-2015, 04:50 PM
It's the trim, you need to change the angle of your outboard in relation to the planing surface of the hull (bring the leg in closer to the transom. Easily adjusted on the outboard, but if already adjusted all the way in you might require some wedges under the mount. If this isn't enough you could look at a foil or wedges welded under the hull. Those last two would help but it wouldn't be solving the real prob and would probably increase your fuel consumption.

mate I believe your right because I was running the motor 1 click above the complete vertical position. if I let the motor all the way down it would turn off. but I forgot to adjust
that long screw with the rubber which would essentially
let the outboard come to a complete stop but earlier than
before because the long screw would stop it. sorry for the jargon but I dont know the terms

Coontakinta
08-06-2015, 05:08 PM
Maybe post a pic of the pin and the position that you were running it in in the pictures you have already posted.
From the pic you posted in another thread, unless the transom is angled inward, it doesn't look like the motor is trimmed one hole out from transom. In fact it looks like it might be one hole from the end.

Saracen
08-06-2015, 07:28 PM
Maybe post a pic of the pin and the position that you were running it in in the pictures you have already posted.
From the pic you posted in another thread, unless the transom is angled inward, it doesn't look like the motor is trimmed one hole out from transom. In fact it looks like it might be one hole from the end.

ye ill post a picture today.

basically there are about 4 holes which I can use
to screw a piece of loong metal in. this stops the
motor when let all the way down. I have it on the very
last one near the transom but when I lower the motor
in the water it turns off. so I ran it fine 1 click up. when I say 1 click up Im not refering to those holes btw. instead what I mean is that if I raise the motor aftet a few degress it will lock and I can go up about 90 degress and thats the last lock. so I ran the motor on the very first click which would make the motor leg not vertical. infact away further from the transom.
ill post a pic

Fed
08-06-2015, 07:39 PM
So you need to fix the motor so it will run when fully down.

aussiebasser
08-06-2015, 08:54 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if that motor is on shallow water drive.

Mike Delisser
08-06-2015, 09:19 PM
It sounds like you're operating your outboard in the shallow running position. That would explain the photo at the top of this thread.