PDA

View Full Version : Free joyflight over Bribie and Moreton Island tomorrow (4/6/15) at 6am

TheRealAndy
03-06-2015, 06:52 PM
I posted this in general fishing thread, mainly because there is no general forum outside of the premium areas. Mods, feel free to harass me if you wish. Also posted it here because a great way to see some good little fishing spots is from the air!!

Firstly, its late notice. Secondly you would have to be at Redcliffe Airport at 6am. Flight will be just over 2 hours and is in 4 seat Cessna 172SP. There is only spot available. The flight will be around Bribie Island and then around Moreton Island. And if the weather is real nice and I have enough time I might even do a quick trip to the Glasshouse mountains on the way home.

Lastly, its weather dependent. There is a chance of some fog in the morning, but the forecasts suggest it will be north of Sunshine Coast. Other than that, the forecast looks perfect.

If you are interested, PM me and I will give you my phone number and details on where to find me at the airport. First in, first serve. Turn up a 6:05am and you will be left behind (the aircraft slot is time restricted). Also, because its an early flight, I will be going to bed early, so get back to me before 10:30pm tonight if you are interested.

Cheers:

Andy.

Still_Dreamin
04-06-2015, 01:01 PM
How did it go? I was wondering the other day how your training was going after looking at your previous post.

PROS
04-06-2015, 04:10 PM
Damn didn't see this one.
Would loved to join as I have my ppl however haven't been private flying for couple of years, too much fishing....

TheRealAndy
08-06-2015, 10:36 PM
How did it go? I was wondering the other day how your training was going after looking at your previous post.

Was a good flight. Bit of light fog and haze. Training going well, am a legit pilot now (RPL), just doing the controlled airspace and navigation part now.

Most of my flights are mid week, as weekends are too busy (I am between contracts at the moment). When I do decent coastal flights I will post up here for potential passengers. I normally only take 1 person, but can take 2 modern day lightweights (ie, 2 x 80kg people).

Good_as_Gold
12-06-2015, 08:09 PM
G-day Andy
Bugger i missed the post as I could of come up
I would love to get up over moreton to check out the shallow reefs and get some shots of the SPB.
How far are you going with your training I flew many years ago I got my CPL.
Cheers Phil

TheRealAndy
12-06-2015, 10:44 PM
G-day Andy
Bugger i missed the post as I could of come up
I would love to get up over moreton to check out the shallow reefs and get some shots of the SPB.
How far are you going with your training I flew many years ago I got my CPL.
Cheers Phil

I had a couple of flights booked this week, but the weather has been crap so did not bother.

The next 3 weeks I am tied up with Nav and CTR/CTA training. I have a new Part 61 RPL, similar to the old GFPT but difference now is you dont need a 15 hour check flight (or whatever it was) and you can sign a maintenance release. I started my training under the GFPT banner, but due to several motorcycle accidents that training was interrupted and delayed. I have well over 100 hours now, probably half of that in command. I have been taking advantage of my RPL!!

Also plan to get a CSU, retractable gear endorsement and instrument rating. Need to get into some of the higher performance aircraft!

Keep and eye out here, I fly often mid week and having a passenger is a lot more fun than flying solo.