PDA

View Full Version : Fuel price agnes waters

Gr0wler
28-05-2015, 09:57 AM
Not sure if this is the right place to post this thread but I'm heading to 1770 in the morning and I just wanted to know the price of 98 unleaded at Agnes to see if I should fill up there or elsewhere as I will be putting approx 650L in. If anyone has any idea it would be much appreciated 8-)

Oog.
28-05-2015, 10:59 AM
I always fill up at Agnes, does not cost that much extra at the end of the day, and you are supporting the locals who's facilities you are using.

Gr0wler
28-05-2015, 11:39 AM
I always fill up at Agnes, does not cost that much extra at the end of the day, and you are supporting the locals who's facilities you are using.

I feel the same Oog but just wanted to make sure it wasn't like $1.90 P/L or something as it adds up when your buying 60 odd litres but yes, would prefer to get it there along with ice and will also save towing the extra weight.

bannana
28-05-2015, 11:46 AM
Sorry Ross I disagreed by accident.

i paid $1.40 the other week for basic unleaded at Agnes

Oog.
28-05-2015, 12:46 PM
Don't forget to get your pies next door too ;)

Funchy
28-05-2015, 12:58 PM
and see Tony at the tackle shop, he's moved next door to the Servo

Gr0wler
28-05-2015, 06:02 PM
Sorry Ross I disagreed by accident.

i paid $1.40 the other week for basic unleaded at Agnes

Thanks Banana, so 98 should be approx $1.60 which I'm more than happy to pay to get it at Agnes as I'm getting ice there anyway. Oh and a feed ;D

Rip it up
28-05-2015, 10:45 PM
Just to be the devils advocate. Why do you use 98 Ron fuel?
650L would be their monthly total for 98 fuel. So ever had any issues with stale fuel.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

Gr0wler
29-05-2015, 05:02 AM
Just to be the devils advocate. Why do you use 98 Ron fuel?
650L would be their monthly total for 98 fuel. So ever had any issues with stale fuel.

Damo's dodgy boat building repair centre.

Never but I have not filled up there before, I get better range out of 98 that's why I use it.

Lucky_Phill
01-06-2015, 04:29 PM
4974 9166.... Give them a call and ask.

Not only do I top up / fill up there, I get some pre-made sangas, wraps for food and bulk ice ..20kg bags.

And they make one hell of a Hamburger.... :)

cheers LP

-Chris-
07-06-2015, 08:00 AM
There is no 98 pump in Agnes it's regular or 95.

FisHard
07-06-2015, 01:41 PM
4974 9166.... Give them a call and ask.

Not only do I top up / fill up there, I get some pre-made sangas, wraps for food and bulk ice ..20kg bags.

And they make one hell of a Hamburger.... :)

cheers LP
agree with all this except I reckon the Marina cafe next to the ramp does the best burgers. I Usually send my deckie over to get a steak burger and cappuccino whilst I'm securing the boat for the trip home to Brisbane. Mm yummy!

Prowl n Wolf
07-06-2015, 03:03 PM
agree with all this except I reckon the Marina cafe next to the ramp does the best burgers. I Usually send my deckie over to get a steak burger and cappuccino whilst I'm securing the boat for the trip home to Brisbane. Mm yummy!
Second that. Phil at the marina cafe also does a awesome breakfast and if you've got time, Ruth his wife, can give you a haircut next door at a great price too!

solaris
07-06-2015, 08:42 PM
I just got back to Brisbane after having a week at 1770, 95 was 1.49 / L,
the price of food has gone up considerably at the Servo since my last visit in December 2014.
$6.00 for a slice of Pizza
$16.00 for a works Burger?

sparkyice
08-06-2015, 10:16 PM
just curious... i'm from the u.s.
where i'm at gas works out to about 1.25 pl in usd. it's more in some places, less in others. always way more at a marina.
a good burger can be had at a tavern for about 8 bucks, $3.50 for the budweiser.
i'm an electrician in a factory, i make $27 an hour. (union rate, i'm lucky. others make $18-$24, depending.)
what could an electrician expect to make down under?
by the way, my company is looking to hire electricians amd mechanics.
cheers

Lucky_Phill
09-06-2015, 05:38 AM
just curious... i'm from the u.s.
where i'm at gas works out to about 1.25 pl in usd. $1.40 here it's more in some places, less in others. always way more at a marina.
a good burger can be had at a tavern for about 8 bucks, $6 - 7.00 here...$3.50 for the budweiser $ 5 - 6.00 here.
i'm an electrician in a factory, i make $27 an hour. (union rate, i'm lucky. others make $18-$24, depending.) Not sure on this but $27 sounds about right for a sparky on wages which they also get 4 weeks annual leave, 9% or more in superannuation, 7 days sick leave, a few public holidays a year, possible parenting leave and maybe other entitlements like tool allowances and travel allowances.... ???
what could an electrician expect to make down under? a sparky working for themselves would charge out at $70/ hr... or more !
by the way, my company is looking to hire electricians amd mechanics.
cheers

Maybe others could be more accurate, but this is my understanding...in RED

The only good thing I can say, is that fuel prices in Agnes are pretty static and don't jump huge amounts like they do in the city.

cheers

trymyluck
09-06-2015, 05:45 PM

The only good thing I can say, is that fuel prices in Agnes are pretty static and don't jump huge amounts like they do in the city.

cheers

Depends on whether your a domestic electrician or an industrial electrician, our sub contractor pays a min of $35 for an average electrician. He has lost some to the mines because he couldn't compete with 200k plus pa.

sparkyice
11-06-2015, 03:04 AM

cheers

i get 2 unpaid days a year that don't count against my attendance, which i must maintain at <2.5% of the hours i work.
i get 3 weeks vacation leave a year, that goes to 4 after 15 years.
we do get 12 paid holidays a year, 2.5 x hourly rate when they make us work them.
no parenting leave,as such, but we have the federal family medical leave act, which gives us unpaid time off (without getting fired) for various medical occurances in the family.
superannuation...? we get a raise of about 2.5% a year, if thats what that is. no tool allowences, at least where i am. if we travel for work, expenses are covered but no extra compensation.
working for myself i could command $70-85 an hour (commercial/industrial), but insurances and taxes eat that up pretty quickly, a guy would have to have a few people working for him to make a real go of it and be better off that way. and i'm no businessman. i've tried it.

i rent the place i live in, a run down old house, 950 sq. ft. (~300 mtr.?) for $650 a month plus utilities. a decent place in a good neighborhood will fetch $1200 easy.
if you own a $150,000 home you will pay upwards of $1000 a month in property and school taxes.
income tax, for me, is about 37% of my gross.

born free, taxed to death.
cheers!

rob tranter
11-06-2015, 07:54 AM
i get 2 unpaid days a year that don't count against my attendance, which i must maintain at <2.5% of the hours i work. You can take unpaid leave over here a fair bit without going overboard.
i get 3 weeks vacation leave a year, that goes to 4 after 15 years. In most industries, you get 2 Months long service leave after ten years (with same employer), that then goes up at one week per year thereafter. This is on top of your 4 weeks annual leave per year. ( Some shift workers get 6 weeks annual leave per year). On top of this in most industries is Holiday Leave load of about 10%
we do get 12 paid holidays a year, 2.5 x hourly rate when they make us work them. Overtime (work done outside a 38 hour week, Weekend's, Public Holidays starts at 1.5xhourly rate to 2.5x hourly rate.
no parenting leave,as such, but we have the federal family medical leave act, which gives us unpaid time off (without getting fired) for various medical occurances in the family. For an illness in the Family, we get some paid leave.
superannuation...? (Superannuation is 9% of your annual wage paid by your employer, and invested for you to assist in retirement at age 65 (depending on what year you were born). You are allowed to co-contribute to help this grow to a larger amount, basically dollar for dollar. we get a raise of about 2.5% a year, if thats what that is. no tool allowences, at least where i am. if we travel for work,(travel from place of work to another site is tax deductable at end of financial year). expenses are covered but no extra compensation.
working for myself i could command $70-85 an hour (commercial/industrial), but insurances and taxes eat that up pretty quickly, a guy would have to have a few people working for him to make a real go of it and be better off that way. and i'm no businessman. i've tried it.

i rent the place i live in, a run down old house, 950 sq. ft. (~300 mtr.?) for $650 a month plus utilities. a decent place in a good neighborhood will fetch $1200 easy.
if you own a $150,000 home you will pay upwards of $1000 a month in property and school taxes.
income tax, for me, is about 37% of my gross.

born free, taxed to death.
cheers!

These are some of the things we get, we are encouraged to take out Private health care coverage, but it is not compulsory, and we have a federal Medicare coverage, that comes out of your wage at Tax time.

House rental varey's, depending obviously area counts. The rule of thumb is the gross value of house, i.e say $400,000 equates to $400/week rent, $300,000 equates to $300/week etc. I would imagine Agnes being in that $350 to $500/week area. Owning a house, you pay, besides mortgage and Insurance: Local Council Land Rates, and Water rates per year, again, the amount depends on location and value of property.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Rob T/Red C8-)